Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2020, 14:02   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Why I Don't Think I'll Ever be able to vote Labour Again.

Well Jimmy, it is certainly a lucrative business...politics....more so when you KNOW your pledges will NEVER be tested because you have made yourself an unelectable party.

These Labour politicians have learned nothing....Jo Swinson lost her seat because she promised to revoke article 50.
The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result(Albert Einstein).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2020, 14:14   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well Jimmy, it is certainly a lucrative business...politics....more so when you KNOW your pledges will NEVER be tested because you have made yourself an unelectable party.

These Labour politicians have learned nothing....Jo Swinson lost her seat because she promised to revoke article 50.
The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result(Albert Einstein).
Lucrative is Likely the reason these scum keep wanting to remain in the E.U. its nothing at all to do with what the public wanted.
Old 05-01-2020, 14:52   #18
Beacon of light

It is not just the EU that is lucrative....being an MP is lucrative and they never leave Westminster as poor men/women.
Also the MP's employ family members to ensure they get a splash of the gravy too.
Old 05-01-2020, 22:28   #19

Quote:
It is not just the EU that is lucrative....being an MP is lucrative and they never leave Westminster as poor men/women.
Also the MP's employ family members to ensure they get a splash of the gravy too.
Nigh on £80'000 a year and that is before they stick their snouts in the trough of expenses

MPs' Pay and Pensions

...checked out Diane Abbot - £164'000 in staffing costs and a further £27'000 on office costs for last year alone that being on top of her £80'000 salary - lucrative indeed especially considering how poorly they are doing their jobs.

I'm sure most of them are doing rather well out of it

Last edited by Jimmy Clitheroe; 05-01-2020 at 22:31.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:32   #20
Beacon of light

It is our money.....and they are supposed to work FOR us....not for themselves.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:44   #21
Beacon of light

It seems that Jess Phillips has changed her mind about campaigning to rejoin the EU should she become Leader of the Labour Party AND come to power.

This tells me one thing about her....she will say anything to get the leadership....and she will say anything to get power.

Please Jess, do us all a favour...get some integrity.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:12   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It seems that Jess Phillips has changed her mind about campaigning to rejoin the EU should she become Leader of the Labour Party AND come to power.

This tells me one thing about her....she will say anything to get the leadership....and she will say anything to get power.

Please Jess, do us all a favour...get some integrity.
integrity? most of those dont know the meaning of the word.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:22   #23
Beacon of light

They are supposed to be educated....couldn't they look it up?

Except that is not their game.
Their game is to let us believe that we have a say.
That we have a DEMOCRATIC system which supports the electorate...except we know from past experience that democracy is only democracy if they AGREE with our choices.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:33   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They are supposed to be educated....couldn't they look it up?

Except that is not their game.
Their game is to let us believe that we have a say.
That we have a DEMOCRATIC system which supports the electorate...except we know from past experience that democracy is only democracy if they AGREE with our choices.
its a disgraceful state of affairs and if graham jones was the man i thought foolishly he was he would have agreed long ago.
Old 06-01-2020, 13:09   #25
Beacon of light

Cashy, we do not need to agree with how they see the world.
They probably earn three times what one of the Voters in this borough earn...and they can claim expenses too....so they do not live the same kind of life that we live.

It was expected that GJ would have a better handle on things, but he soon lost sight of the life we live in this area.
Sold out to the metropolitan bubble.
cashman likes this.
Old 21-01-2020, 14:37   #26

UNBELIEVABLE....
On a day when it was announced that only 1 in 3 children in school in Birmingham are white (that is white as opposed to white English) Jess Phillips comes out with this garbage...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9292876.html

These people seem to HATE Britain and seem hellbent on destroying it and it's culture. I'm just glad more and more are wising up to these enemies within that always put ordinary British people second.
Old 21-01-2020, 14:43   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

spot on jimmy, though dont think they hate britain its were the best chance of a vote lies i think?
Old 21-01-2020, 15:09   #28
Beacon of light

I also think that this is to garner votes.
After all if the majority of the population in the area you represent are from other ethnic groups, then you would be on a loser if you do not represent them adequately....even if this is not in the best interests of the country.
Politicians are always going to do what keeps them riding on the gravy train.

The destruction of our culture and traditions was started by the policies of that grinning, hubristic man....Tony Blair and his motives were to increase the voting base of the Labour Party, regardless of the long term implications(though I am not sure if he had thought these through)
cashman likes this.
Old 31-01-2020, 10:12   #29

Quote:
I also think that this is to garner votes.
After all if the majority of the population in the area you represent are from other ethnic groups, then you would be on a loser if you do not represent them adequately....even if this is not in the best interests of the country.
Politicians are always going to do what keeps them riding on the gravy train.

The destruction of our culture and traditions was started by the policies of that grinning, hubristic man....Tony Blair and his motives were to increase the voting base of the Labour Party, regardless of the long term implications(though I am not sure if he had thought these through)
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-divide-brexit

Starmer (the so called 'moderate' one) seems to back up just what you say. The only way you should have a vote in a country is to become a citizen of it
Old 31-01-2020, 11:18   #30
God Member

Don’t you just love The Groaniad’s idea of facts and it’s arrogant belief in its own ‘divine’ right?

In the article linked in Jimmy’s post, following Starmer’s usual drivel and political cliches, it writes that:
But we will stay with you, delivering quality journalism so we can all make up our minds based on fact, not fiction.
More people, like you, are reading and supporting the Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before..

But the Press Gazette recently (August ‘19) reported that:
The Guardian recorded the smallest year-on-year circulation decline with a drop of five per cent to 130,484 copies.
The biggest year-on-year decline was reported by the Sunday People and Daily Star Sunday at 18 per cent.
The Sun remains the best-selling national newspaper with a circulation of 1.26m, only 100,000 copies above nearest rival the Daily Mail.

I know there’s online reading too now, but is it likely to be so vastly different from the printed version?

So having one tenth of the circulation of the most popular newspapers (not mine by the way) but losing readers more slowly is something for the Groaniad to congratulate itself about.
With the impending sacking of 450 jobs from BBC News the Groaniad’s circulation is only going in one direction.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..