Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2009, 17:24   #1
Give, give, give member

Why I won't be voting for Kevin Logan.

I'm sure we'll be having many more threads about the proposed candidates, who wish to stand for Hyndburn in the next General Election, but I thought I'd start the ball rolling, especially now Cllr. Britcliffe has publicly announced his decision to put himself in the selection arena, according to last weekend's press.

Here's a copy of a letter (unpublished), I sent to the Observer, outlining why I definitely won't be voting for one particular candidate, when the election date is announced, within the next nine months.

Dear Sir,
Unfortunately it looks as if Greg Pope’s retirement at the next General Election is resulting in a glut of self publicizing citizens, declaring an interest in standing to represent Hyndburn.

It doesn’t seem a quarter of a century ago that the then Rev. Logan was using the local media to publish his epistles that A.I.D.S. was sent from God, to rid the world of evil sinners, such as homosexuals and drug users.

Mr. Logan has been strangely quiet on that particular subject of late.
Perhaps it might have something to do with the two million innocent children living with H.I.V. in sub-Saharan Africa, or the fifteen million children worldwide orphaned because of this terrible disease, or it might simply be because of the fact that female homosexuals are the least affected group on the planet.

If before the next General Election, Jesus, he of the meekness, mildness, and protector of suffering children, happens to register on the electoral roll here in Hyndburn, I doubt very much that he’ll be voting for the odious Mr. Logan, and that would make at least two of us.

Your's etc.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2009, 17:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Why I won't be voting for Kevin Logan.

As eloquent as ever G, and echoes my opinion perfectly, that's the same charitable soul who called me a devil worshipper because I wore a t shirt with a rock band's name on it. Needless to say I won't be putting my cross in his box either!
Old 29-09-2009, 17:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
As eloquent as ever G, and echoes my opinion perfectly, that's the same charitable soul who called me a devil worshipper because I wore a t shirt with a rock band's name on it. Needless to say I won't be putting my cross in his box either!
I'm sure it depends what kind of box lindsay.........now if it was the wooden kind
Old 29-09-2009, 17:50   #4
Give, give, give member

I've just realised the letter should have made reference to the fact that all the millions of orphaned children are the result of heterosexual union, to further debunk his past obscene ramblings.

Old 29-09-2009, 17:57   #5
Give, give, give member

Oh, and if the retired Reverend happens to see this, and disagees with anything I've posted, and fears his chances of gaining votes is hindered because of it...sue me.

I happen to have access to all the vile published thoughts of this man, relating to the mentioned decade.

Old 29-09-2009, 18:11   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The letter was looking spot on until this bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If before the next General Election, Jesus, he of the meekness, mildness, and protector of suffering children.....
If He is the protector of suffering children why has he allowed 15 million of them to become orphans and 2 million to be infected?
Old 29-09-2009, 18:15   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The letter was looking spot on until this bit.

If He is the protector of suffering children why has he allowed 15 million of them to become orphans and 2 million to be infected?
I'm not interested in any deep theological discussions re: religion, I'm just going to use all my evil powers to make sure this nasty little man doesn't garner any votes of those who may be disillusioned with some of the mainstream political parties.

Here endeth the lesson.

Old 29-09-2009, 18:29   #8
God Member

Religion and politics shouldn't mix - that statement works both ways.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 18:39   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
No, they shouldn't, well said, but how many 'men of the cloth', have caused the death's of innocents?

I actually believe there are priest's/vicar's/ Mullahs/ Rabbi's, that believe, teach and obey the rules they have been instructed in, but, I've yet to meet one.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 18:40   #10
Beacon of light

I won't be voting for him either....in my book he is a hypocrite....he spouts on about other folks wayward ways, sins etc.......he should take the plank out of his own eye before he starts trying to remove the mote from the eye of another.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 18:48   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I agree with that and would not vote for one.
Old 29-09-2009, 18:54   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree with that and would not vote for one.
One what?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 20:00   #13
Resting in Peace

I could never understand what happened to Kevin and his first wife Linda. (sadly deceased) They were members of Bel Canto and will never forget Linda's performance in the Mikado ... she had a terrific singing voice.

They were very much a fun loving couple, and the 'gossip' goes that they were in church one day and had some sort of 'vision'. Seemed to change them forever .. setting them apart from the rest of us.

His views have been rather strange to say the least, and suspect some sort of mental disorder here.

Garinda: You also missed out the innocent haemophiliacs and other blood transfusion recipients.

Last edited by katex; 29-09-2009 at 20:04.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 20:15   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
I'm not interested in any deep theological discussions re: religion, I'm just going to use all my evil powers to make sure this nasty little man doesn't garner any votes of those who may be disillusioned with some of the mainstream political parties.

Here endeth the lesson.

I asked K.L. what was so special about the jews over 2000 years ago, that the so called lord sent his son to save them. Where was he when 6,000,000 were gassed in WW2, surely there was need was for him then, if he is all seeing, then he would have known WW1 & WW2 was going to happen and done some thing about it.

I got the usual pre programmed responce to any question that could cause doubt in their religious beliefs.

God moves in mysterious ways.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 08:39   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm sure we'll be having many more threads about the proposed candidates, who wish to stand for Hyndburn in the next General Election, but I thought I'd start the ball rolling, especially now Cllr. Britcliffe has publicly announced his decision to put himself in the selection arena, according to last weekend's press.

Here's a copy of a letter (unpublished), I sent to the Observer, outlining why I definitely won't be voting for one particular candidate, when the election date is announced, within the next nine months.

Dear Sir,
Unfortunately it looks as if Greg Pope’s retirement at the next General Election is resulting in a glut of self publicizing citizens, declaring an interest in standing to represent Hyndburn.

It doesn’t seem a quarter of a century ago that the then Rev. Logan was using the local media to publish his epistles that A.I.D.S. was sent from God, to rid the world of evil sinners, such as homosexuals and drug users.

Mr. Logan has been strangely quiet on that particular subject of late.
Perhaps it might have something to do with the two million innocent children living with H.I.V. in sub-Saharan Africa, or the fifteen million children worldwide orphaned because of this terrible disease, or it might simply be because of the fact that female homosexuals are the least affected group on the planet.

If before the next General Election, Jesus, he of the meekness, mildness, and protector of suffering children, happens to register on the electoral roll here in Hyndburn, I doubt very much that he’ll be voting for the odious Mr. Logan, and that would make at least two of us.

Yours etc.
I hope you decide to send that letter to the Obs (whether they print it is another matter) It spells out the reason for that old saying Religion and politics don't mix

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..