Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2010, 17:20   #46
God Member

Re: Wiki Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Hell Eric stop using long words on here
Really! Normally, I eschew obfuscation
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2010, 17:28   #47
God Member

These WikiLeaks could be the non-event of the decade. I'm reminded of Comet Kohoutek.
Old 30-11-2010, 17:38   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So you think that politicians have the right to lie?
Here's one who didn't - maybe it was the reason for his assassination which happened a few weeks later.

Transcript of speech that President John F. Kennedy gave at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel on April 27, 1961

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions."

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations."
Margaret, Margaret, politicians don't lie they just bend the truth double
Old 30-11-2010, 17:40   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Really! Normally, I eschew obfuscation
ehhhhhhhhhh
Old 30-11-2010, 18:17   #50
God Member

Quote:
ehhhhhhhhhh
Right..... Just keep practising those "eh"s, and you may just turn into a Canadian.
Old 30-11-2010, 18:20   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Right..... Just keep practising those "eh"s, and you may just turn into a Canadian.
The nearest I'll get to a Canadian is a Canadian Club with dry ginger mate
Old 30-11-2010, 18:39   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
If you must use ginger in it at least use a decent one Jays, "Crabbies" springs to mind Just ask the Spugster, he'll explain !

And as to Canadian Club what are Wiki-leaks saying about that, that it isn't proper Whisky Well everyone knows that already

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 30-11-2010 at 18:43.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 18:42   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
If you must use ginger in it at least use a decent one Jays, "Crabbies" springs to mind Just ask the Spugster, he'll explain !
Used to work behind a bar in the 70s and everyody drank CC with DG, anyway I'm not Crabbie, I'm very even tempered really
Old 30-11-2010, 19:26   #54
God Member

Quote:
Canadian Club Dishwater. Crown Royal Forty Creek, even better. Canadian Club, and Canada Dry Ginger Ale are both owned by you Brits. Ironically, when our unruly neighbours decided to kick the crap out of Iraq and were boycotting Canadian products because we thought it was a crappy idea, two of the things they wouldn't buy were CC and CD.
Old 30-11-2010, 20:48   #55
God Member

I'm, begining to think all/some of this wiki leak stuff has been engineered by Bill Clinton ..... Lots of folks upset at the US. , Hillary does the 'right' and honourable thing, takes responsibility (though not actually involved , stuff was done under her name) and falls on her sword ,and resigns . Now she is out of Govt. she is free to set up a challenge to Obomba in 2012 for the nomination.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 20:57   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I'm, begining to think all/some of this wiki leak stuff has been engineered by Bill Clinton ..... Lots of folks upset at the US. , Hillary does the 'right' and honourable thing, takes responsibility (though not actually involved , stuff was done under her name) and falls on her sword ,and resigns . Now she is out of Govt. she is free to set up a challenge to Obomba in 2012 for the nomination.
Hilary v Sarah....that would make an entertaining cat fight.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 22:46   #57
I am Banned

If all this about leaked documents is true, how come the keepers of these documents didn't notice they were missing.
Surely these moles would have been discovered before now.
Its a hell of a lot of paper work to carry around, then suddenly release all in one go, or is it another of those conspiracy do's like Roswell and the one about Armstrong never went to the moon. Haven't read any of it, apart from what I've read on here, to me its a load of cobblers, some folk will believe owt.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 22:46   #58

Mmmmm. I'd pay to watch that.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:25   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Hilary all the way ... this wide-assed attitudinal ball breaker could take Sarah anytime.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:56   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Love to be at the weigh in

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..