Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2003, 22:22   #1

Post WILKINSONS

Is it me or is this new store just way to big, its not asif we need another shop like this, and to me it just seems quite insane as it takes up enough room to have 2 or 3 decent sized shops . .  :-/

BRING ON HMV PLEASE !! :
Old 02-10-2003, 22:33   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: WILKINSONS

The Wilkinsons store won't be just another pound shop, Stevey.
They sell a large range of reasonable quality stuff at reasonable prices, including clothes, small furniture items, gardening & DIY stuff.
Check out the link.  

Wilkinsons

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 13:01   #3
God Member

So it's more than Razor blades, then?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 14:07   #4
Senior Member+

Just been on wilkinsons web site, now opening 5th november i for one am looking forward to it.
Old 03-10-2003, 15:08   #5
Accy Goddess

Well, i make two Janet can't wait. It really is one of the best shops around for value for money.  
I got a velvet dress for a fiver from there about three years ago now and its still going strong.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 16:03   #6
Senior Member+

what anne? the shop or the dress. ;D
Old 03-10-2003, 20:22   #7
Accy Goddess

Both...... [smiley=lol.gif]
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 18:18   #8

[quote author=cazzer link=board=general;num=1065133323;start=0#1 date=10/02/03 at 23:33:44]The Wilkinsons store won't be just another pound shop, Stevey.
Wilkinsons [/quote]

Maybe but its still fairly useless in my opnion, we really need to get some more appropriate shops in Accy in order for it to do well  

Also, has anybody noticed that there are too many pound shops around?? Doesnt anybody think its a bit suggestive as to people's spending ability in the area??

They are a novelty, but that all they are in my opnion, and there shouldnt have to be as many as there are, yet another waste of space where needed shops could be . . .
Old 09-10-2003, 22:36   #9

where is this wilkinsons going. it is a good store i used to visit the one in manchester when i lived there. Good valve all round store
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..