Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 14:23   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

william hague

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Pease in our time Less Pease in our time hey
Mushy pease, or garden pease full of yet more crosses for the young lives wasted just to satisfy some politician?

It doesn't matter which party kills our soldiers, it is wrong and looks like it will happen again.

Do you really approve of such action?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2013, 14:44   #47
Resting in Peace

Re: william hague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Mushy peas, or garden peas full of yet more crosses for the young lives wasted just to satisfy some politician?

It doesn't matter which party kills our soldiers, it is wrong and looks like it will happen again.

Do you really approve of such action?
Its wrong when any soldier loses his life Less especially on the streets of our own capital city when they are out for a walk, unarmed. But why do we have armies, just for show, why are we members of NATO, if everything in the world were as easy as sitting in front of a computer wouldn't it be great, Britain isn't, for its size, a world power by sitting on its hands and leaving everything to others, we have the best military brains in the world, I don't know enough about Syria nor do I expect do other people, except what we see on the box or read in the Guardian etc. if that's your poison, So I'll leave the decisions to those elected to make them, who to be fair have a hell of a sight more knowledge about the problem than the rest of use put together, but there is always the other answer isn't there, join the ranks who actually do won't to do something about it and get elected
Wynonie Harris likes this.

Last edited by jaysay; 01-06-2013 at 14:47.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 14:50   #48

william hague

Quote:
Its wrong when any soldier loses his life Less especially on the streets of our own capital city when they are out for a walk, unarmed. But why do we have armies, just for show, why are we members of NATO, if everything in the world were as easy as sitting in front of a computer wouldn't it be great, Britain isn't, for its size, a world power by sitting on its hands and leaving everything to others, we have the best military brains in the world, I don't know enough about Syria nor to I expect do other people, except what we see on the box or read in the Guardian etc. if that's your poison, So I'll leave the decisions to those elected to make them, who to be fare a hell of a sight more knowledge about the problem than the rest of use put together, but there is always the other answer isn't there, join the ranks who actually do won't to do something about it and get elected
Cutting through the above bull, you have no problem with politicians needlessly sending our soldiers to their deaths, because once you've put a cross in a box you don't need to think anymore.
Old 01-06-2013, 15:02   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Its wrong when any soldier loses his life Less especially on the streets of our own capital city when they are out for a walk, unarmed. But why do we have armies, just for show, why are we members of NATO, if everything in the world were as easy as sitting in front of a computer wouldn't it be great, Britain isn't, for its size, a world power by sitting on its hands and leaving everything to others, we have the best military brains in the world, I don't know enough about Syria nor do I expect do other people, except what we see on the box or read in the Guardian etc. if that's your poison, So I'll leave the decisions to those elected to make them, who to be fair have a hell of a sight more knowledge about the problem than the rest of use put together, but there is always the other answer isn't there, join the ranks who actually do won't to do something about it and get elected
Funny how yeh didn't use the same argument fer Blair.
Old 01-06-2013, 15:25   #50

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
So I'll leave the decisions to those elected to make them, who to be fair have a hell of a sight more knowledge about the problem than the rest of use put together
Simple flaw in that argument my friend....that would mean that they are more knowledgeable about the EU than you, and you should therefore leave the decision to them.
Old 01-06-2013, 16:40   #51
God Member

The full region is like a tinderbox just look at the riots in Istanbul ,all started by a protest about a park .i would avoid the region like the plague as the full region is going to kick off big time.Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic all these surrounding countries.no wonder Moscow is nervous forgot how close it is to this region
Old 01-06-2013, 17:30   #52
Super Moderator

Quote:
So I'll leave the decisions to those elected to make them, who to be fair have a hell of a sight more knowledge about the problem than the rest of use put together, but there is always the other answer isn't there, join the ranks who actually do won't to do something about it and get elected
So, the logical conclusion to that argument is that none of us should criticize any government because they have a "sight more knowledge" than us. Curious how that doesn't seem to apply when you're having a go at the last government?

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 01-06-2013 at 17:37.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Cutting through the above bull, you have no problem with politicians needlessly sending our soldiers to their deaths, because once you've put a cross in a box you don't need to think anymore.
At least I put a X in a box which gives me the right to a say, usually those people who shout the loudest never bother there arses to go to the polling station
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, the logical conclusion to that argument is that none of us should criticize any government because they have a "sight more knowledge" than us. Curious how that doesn't seem to apply when you're having a go at the last government?
ya but the last government did have a track record of being Less than economical with the truth, more than most governments usually do, remember the, promises before the 1997 election. Whiter than White Government, Education Education Education, Tough on Crime Touch on the causes of crime, 24 hours to save the NHS and a few more
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36   #55

Quote:
As a new and no doubt keenly devout member of UKIP would it be possible for you to give us UKIP's opinion on the arming of rebels?
Remember the above?
Plenty of replies from you defending a Tory but nothing about your
parties view!

It is a legitimate question and I would have thought easy for you to answer you'll have looked into all of their aspects before joining.

Or are we going to have to keep asking you again and again for an answer?

Perhaps you would rather avoid the answer, a bit like c'mon and his plan B.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Remember the above?
Plenty of replies from you defending a Tory but nothing about your
parties view!

It is a legitimate question and I would have thought easy for you to answer you'll have looked into all of their aspects before joining.

Or are we going to have to keep asking you again and again for an answer?

Perhaps you would rather avoid the answer, a bit like c'mon and his plan B.
Ya me like you've just avoided my last post, nice try Less the only thing that interests me about UKIP is they are the only party hell bent on pulling out of Europe, that will do for me.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05   #57

Quote:
Ya me like you've just avoided my last post, nice try Less the only thing that interests me about UKIP is they are the only party hell bent on pulling out of Europe, that will do for me.
Didn't realise your last post required me to answer, it appeared to be your usual rhetoric.

Whereas I had aimed my question at you to try and find out what your new parties views are on the subject.

I personally wouldn't join a party just to be able to put in a protest vote, I can do that anyway, I would however make sure all their other policies agreed with my mind set before parting with any brass, (perhaps I'm tight, I blame my Scottish Father and my Jewish Mother from Yorkshire).

Last edited by Less; 02-06-2013 at 09:08.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23   #58
Super Moderator

Quote:
ya but the last government did have a track record of being Less than economical with the truth, more than most governments usually do, remember the, promises before the 1997 election. Whiter than White Government, Education Education Education, Tough on Crime Touch on the causes of crime, 24 hours to save the NHS and a few more

You are joking, aren't you?

We will withdraw from the Social Chapter, We will abolish the Human Rights Act and establish a British Bill of Rights, We will expand the size of the Army, We will abolish Stamp Duty, We will stop foreign criminals using the Human Rights Act to stay in the country.. .and, of course, there's that EU Referendum which he made a "cast-iron promise" on in 2007 and should have been delivered by now.

Need I go on?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Didn't realise your last post required me to answer, it appeared to be your usual rhetoric.

Whereas I had aimed my question at you to try and find out what your new parties views are on the subject.

I personally wouldn't join a party just to be able to put in a protest vote, I can do that anyway, I would however make sure all their other policies agreed with my mind set before parting with any brass, (perhaps I'm tight, I blame my Scottish Father and my Jewish Mother from Yorkshire).
Hang on Less I had a granddad from Yorkshire
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

You are joking, aren't you?

We will withdraw from the Social Chapter, We will abolish the Human Rights Act and establish a British Bill of Rights, We will expand the size of the Army, We will abolish Stamp Duty, We will stop foreign criminals using the Human Rights Act to stay in the country.. .and, of course, there's that EU Referendum which he made a "cast-iron promise" on in 2007 and should have been delivered by now.

Need I go on?
That's why I don't like Cameron or had you not noticed, but when you have a party which has one main objective, you can't really go far wrong less to lie about

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..