Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2020, 20:25   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Are there mac versions of the craft software you use Margaret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Craft Studio works on Mac, but some of my other programs may not work on Mac.
I would probably have to replace some of them, but it seems that Mac doesn't create the same issues when updates arrive.
I have a MacBook that seem less trouble after updates than the windows OS.
I just can't get along with Windows ten.
Maybe it is me just being resistant to change...but wouldn't you think that new OS would be backwards compatible...or is that too much to ask?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2020, 20:37   #32
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuta View Post
If I were you, before committing your money to Apple profits. See if you can borrow or rent your desired Apple machine to test its compatibility & overall suitability for your standard work-flow. This trial period is up to you. Then you don't waste your time & money on avoidable problems.
Anyone who knows me well will know that I would not hand over my dosh for something I was unsure about....and I haven't bought a brand new computer since God was in short trousers.
My last buy was a government surplus machine, refurbished and tested with a two year back to base warranty.
OK so it wasn't brand new, but I am not one of those folk who has to have the newest brand new OS because it is new and shiny.
I like to find something that works for me, that I feel comfortable in using.....so rest assured you are talking to the converted.

my desktop is refurbished by the company that made it....so did not pay silly money for that either....and I bought it because it had the operating system that I knew I could work with.
I am frequently told that I could make Windows ten look like Windows 7.....but I don't want it just to look like Windows 7....I want it to work like it too.
Old 14-05-2020, 08:53   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I was right with you (see above) to that point, after that ........ well, I'm with the Luddite .... Oy Tads, you got an orphaned bottle for me???
No problem Dave, as soon as someone invents "Ale Mail", I will send you a case.
Stay Safe, Stay Happy, Stay Inebriated, Regards, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 09:01   #34

Hy Marge, in your earlier post you mentioned that you had bought a goverment surplus computer, as I stated on an ealier post I am also thinking of updating my steam driven machine; Where, (if you dont mind me asking), do you pick up refurbished machines.
Must be gas fired, which logically is the next step up from my coal fired machine.
Your's, the Luddite.
Old 14-05-2020, 09:46   #35
Beacon of light

I got mine on E-bay.....but I think they sold up.....but I did see another company who were selling decent machines with a good size memory for about £125.
If you want more details I will PM you.
The people that are doing these machines are at Burnley so if you bought one you could go and pick one up.
Old 14-05-2020, 10:17   #36

P.M.for you Marge
Old 14-05-2020, 10:49   #37
Beacon of light

Received and responded to.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..