Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2012, 09:24   #1
Resting in Peace

Women's Handbag

Was watching the news this morning and the was a survey on women's handbags. Around 250000, women say they have a handbag costing £1000 a grand, flaming Nora, plus 1 in 10 are over 4 kilo's in weight. Now come on girls come clean have you got a very expensive handbag and is your offencive weapon over 4 kilos
Old 24-02-2012, 09:41   #2

Re: Women's Handbag

more money than sense, dont have one, just use my pockets on jeans & my coat.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 10:00   #3
Beacon of light

I have a very expensive handbag......it must have cost £600 when it was new.
What did I pay for it? £2 in a charity shop in Shanklin IOW. It is brown leather and is capacious.......if I fill it, it probably weighs 4 kg.....but I do try to go through it periodically and remove the stuff I'm not using.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 10:06   #4
Beacon of light

I wouldn't like to whack anyone with my handbag, it might damage the expensive leather.
Old 24-02-2012, 10:07   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have a very expensive handbag......it must have cost £600 when it was new.
What did I pay for it? £2 in a charity shop in Shanklin IOW. It is brown leather and is capacious.......if I fill it, it probably weighs 4 kg.....but I do try to go through it periodically and remove the stuff I'm not using.
Can't be necessary to carry a 2lb lump hammer around all the time Margaret
Old 24-02-2012, 10:14   #6
God Member

I am a bit of a handbag fanatic, i have about 30/40 handbags, most bought from charity shops, if i could afford to spend £1000 on one i most certainly would, they are my guilty pleasure

i don't carry much in them really, although i do have a Pauls Boutique type bag that is quite large...that i did manage to fit my christmas turkey in when i bought it at christmas, that made it quite heavy lol, i usually only carry my purse, a bit of make up and my keys in my bag
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 12:37   #7
God Member

Flashy is the Emelda Marcos of handbags

I thought I had a lot - 20, and now I don't go out much they were wasting space, so I gave 9 of them to my hard up granddaughter to sell on ebay. That is where I bought many of them anyway.

My bags must be leather. The most I ever paid was about £55 on QVC many years ago.
I do recall being sorely tempted to buy a navy blue one at a classy shop in Southport at £100 - resisted and bought two for £60 in Debenhams sale further along King St.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 12:43   #8
Beacon of light

In my handbag :- a couple of folding shopping bags, my purse, my phone(always switched off), paracetamol, indigestion tablets, a comb, a tube of hand cream.....a pack of sweeteners, a roll of surgical tape, my Mp4 player, bus pass, lipsyl, a mini umbrella. My Ds, and sometimes my Kindle(I get easily bored)
a packet of mints(his)...chewing gum(his)......my house keys, my cheque book....a couple of plastic spoons, a plastic knife and fork, a very small shaker of salt...... a sip bottle with cordial in it,and a few receipts..... oh and a couple of safety pins and a screwdriver(his).

So....... Sorry John, there is no room for the lump hammer.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-02-2012 at 12:46. Reason: forgot about the sip bottle
Old 24-02-2012, 12:58   #9
God Member

You need a new one Marg, one that'll fit the kitchen sink in it too
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 13:13   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
In my handbag :- a couple of folding shopping bags, my purse, my phone(always switched off), paracetamol, indigestion tablets, a comb, a tube of hand cream.....a pack of sweeteners, a roll of surgical tape, my Mp4 player, bus pass, lipsyl, a mini umbrella. My Ds, and sometimes my Kindle(I get easily bored)
a packet of mints(his)...chewing gum(his)......my house keys, my cheque book....a couple of plastic spoons, a plastic knife and fork, a very small shaker of salt...... a sip bottle with cordial in it,and a few receipts..... oh and a couple of safety pins and a screwdriver(his).

So....... Sorry John, there is no room for the lump hammer.
Were you in the guides Margaret?

Sorry to ask but what do you need the surgical tape for?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 13:19   #11
God Member

Am I the only one who carrys spare knickers?
(Maybe its just an age thing)

Old 24-02-2012, 13:22   #12
God Member

I don't have many handbags , my best on is a Burberry one with matching purse, it was a present so i don't know how much it cost -but quite a lot I imagine.

I would love to own one by "The Bridge" which are just exquisite classic Italian leather bags -would last a lifetime. Will have to start saving up.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 24-02-2012, 13:25   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Am I the only one who carrys spare knickers?
(Maybe its just an age thing)

Not something I carry round with me Margaret -one can go without you know!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 24-02-2012, 13:28   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I don't have many handbags , my best on is a Burberry one with matching purse, it was a present so i don't know how much it cost -but quite a lot I imagine.

I would love to own one by "The Bridge" which are just exquisite classic Italian leather bags -would last a lifetime. Will have to start saving up.
I usually bought a bag on trips to Italy.
I still have one of them, bought on one of my Lake Garda trips in the 80s.

Old 24-02-2012, 13:29   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Not something I carry round with me Margaret -one can go without you know!
Hussy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..