Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2008, 15:11   #16

Re: Would you do it.

iam sorry but i wouldn;t be able to report my own child ; but i would try and get them to hand them self in ; im a mother and my instincted is to protect my own ; and i will no matter what it takes ; even if it means i loss my own life ; don;t get me wrong ; i;d do everythin i could to get them to hand them self in
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2008, 15:27   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
iam sorry but i wouldn;t be able to report my own child ; but i would try and get them to hand them self in
And if they wouldn't?
Then what?
Old 30-05-2008, 15:28   #18

Eek! Its good that she reported them.
Old 30-05-2008, 15:59   #19
Resting in Peace

I think the woman deserves a medal, if everyone did that when they know their kids have done something wrong, it would be have the battle, but this day and age parents are worse than the kids, and thats why they go off the rails in the first place
Old 30-05-2008, 16:00   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
And if they wouldn't?
Then what?
; even if they won;t my own ; i wouldn;t get involed ; the way the world is today ; i would be the next to be attacked ;if not loss my life ; i won;t take that change ; and they did wrong it will catch them up ; sooner or later i beleave that ; sorry but thats the it is with me ; my kids are my world and only young they need me ;
Old 30-05-2008, 16:08   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
; even if they won;t my own ; i wouldn;t get involed ; the way the world is today ; i would be the next to be attacked ;if not loss my life ; i won;t take that change ; and they did wrong it will catch them up ; sooner or later i beleave that ; sorry but thats the it is with me ; my kids are my world and only young they need me ;
that way they learn that they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Yes i would report my child, hopefully i have brought him up to be a better person than that.

If my child has misbehaved then he is disciplined, it teaches him right from wrong, if he did something wrong and i 'didnt get involved' then he would think that what he did was acceptable behaviour and he would carry on displaying that behaviour.

It is a parents job to ensure that proper discipline/punishment is carried out and in this case the proper punishment is prison.
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 16:09   #22

Quote:
don;t get me wrong ; if one of my kids did somethin to the elderly or a child or rape then thats a differant matter ; i would go to the police then ;
Old 30-05-2008, 16:11   #23
Senior Member+

so rape or attacking the elderly is wrong but attacking a guy and blinding him for no reason is ok?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 30-05-2008, 16:15   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
that way they learn that they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Yes i would report my child, hopefully i have brought him up to be a better person than that.

If my child has misbehaved then he is disciplined, it teaches him right from wrong, if he did something wrong and i 'didnt get involved' then he would think that what he did was acceptable behaviour and he would carry on displaying that behaviour.

It is a parents job to ensure that proper discipline/punishment is carried out and in this case the proper punishment is prison.
i know my kids are good kids ; they would never talk back to me ; they know what they would get ; and i hope that i have brought my kids up the right way ; i was just answerin the post as i so it ; like i said it depends on hat they had done ;attackin people is wrong ; i just said that i wouldn;t report my kids for that ; but i would do everythin i could to make them hand them self in ; even if i had to take them to the police station my self ; i would ; but i wouldn;t say anythin ; they would

Last edited by pussycat; 30-05-2008 at 16:19.
Old 30-05-2008, 16:54   #25
Beacon of light

Pussycat...I think every parent thinks their child is good......and they maybe a different person when they are with you than when they are with their friends.
I think you should be congratulated on your honesty.......but I could not live with myself if i knew my child had maimed another person and was boasting about it, and I did nothing about it.
And waiting for fate to dish out a punishment is not really on.
Natural justice is sometimes a long time coming.

I hope you are never in that situation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 16:55   #26
God Member

I wouldn't hesitate to report my son or daughter for a vicious attack like that. Just because it is your child doing the attacking it doesn't excuse the behaviour.
Old 30-05-2008, 17:09   #27
Senior Member+

I would be straight on the phone to the Police if I knew any of my family, kids or otherwise had done something so cowardly and wrong.
I couldn't live with my conscience if I had done nothing.
Old 30-05-2008, 17:25   #28
Beacon of light

If you know about a violent crime and do nothing then you are as guilty as the person who committed the crime.
I am sure there is a name for it in legal circles but I am having a 'grey' moment and can't bring it to mind.
Old 30-05-2008, 17:27   #29
Senior Member+

aiding and abetting?

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a...accessory.html

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 30-05-2008, 17:51   #30
Beacon of light

or even 'accessory after the fact'......it came to me as soon as I had posted.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..