Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 00:03   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Would you do it.

It's hard to tell from a short interview on the BBC news, but she seemed a good, honest woman, albeit one who is heartbroken.

From the report I understood the brothers didn't know their victim, though they showed cctv footage of him being savagely attacked.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2008, 00:09   #62
God Member

How would people feel if it were their child who had been attacked?? I am sure you would want the perpetrator brought to justice and if their family were shielding them it would never happen. It boils down to right and wrong and at the age of these lads they should know the difference!!!
Old 31-05-2008, 00:12   #63
God Member

I still say it's easy to type one thing.. but to give you child away?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 00:12   #64
God Member

Being a mum of three grown up sons I applaud the woman, It must have ripped her heart out to do what she did but I would in all honesty done the same.
In my opinion this is the only way to get our society back on track, and if there were more parents like her I think we would see a vast improvement in the way kids are today.

If I suspected one or all of my children behaving in such a way I wouldnt have any doubt but to hand them over. It wouldnt mean I didnt love them , infact quite the opposite and although it would tear my heart out I would like to think that one day they would turn out to be better people.
In the report on tv it said the woman has been banned from seeining her grandchild, well im sorry but the father should be banned till he can learn how to behave and the mother of the child should be standing by this lads mum. if that makes sense
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 00:18   #65
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Personally I wouldn't say anything I don't mean.

To the people who wouldn't shop their nearest and dearest, fair enough, it's their choice, but I think they're wrong.

Loving someone isn't always easy.

Actions-consequences.

Old 31-05-2008, 00:22   #66
God Member

Quote:
If it was your child that was attacked would you not want justice?
Old 31-05-2008, 00:24   #67
God Member

Quote:

Mancie its not giving your child away. These thugs were not children but grown men. they should know better, and as for thier mother, she must feel like she has given birth to, and raised monsters, And IT WILL have broken her heart to do what she has done.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 00:27   #68
Give, give, give member

If she hadn't done it what would she have been protecting them from? Prison? Justice?

Perhaps she acted to protect them from ever doing something like this again.

They were sentenced to two years, and will be out in twelve months if they keep their heads down.

Hardly an eye for an eye, quite literally.

Old 31-05-2008, 01:19   #69
white rabbits

Quote:
I am beginning to think you condone what these pond life have done...
Old 31-05-2008, 02:20   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I am beginning to think you condone what these pond life have done...
Now I did not and do not condone what has been done, I am simply pointing out that for so many people to stand and and say, more or less "I would do the right thing" is not what they may do if it really happend to them.. I say again, to give up your son for life would not be the same as them getting a clip round the ear for the wrong they have done... you would give him/her up for the sake of doing right?
Old 31-05-2008, 02:26   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If she hadn't done it what would she have been protecting them from? Prison? Justice?

Perhaps she acted to protect them from ever doing something like this again.

They were sentenced to two years, and will be out in twelve months if they keep their heads down.

Hardly an eye for an eye, quite literally.
Well they deserve more.. but the sentence is up to the Judge.. would you really tell on your son if you knew it would be a life sentence? if so why? to have justice in this world?
Old 31-05-2008, 02:46   #72
Loz

I think if i had kids then yes i would hand them in.
In fact if it was any member of my family i would.
Yes it would be heartbreaking but you have to do what you believe to be right no matter who is involved imho.
If it was somebody you didn't know but you knew they had committed a crime you would call the police so why should it be any different if it's family?
My aunty took my cousin(her son) to the police years ago because he was on drugs and he came out of it a better person.
Who knows what would of happened to him if she hadn't shopped him?
Old 31-05-2008, 02:52   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
I think if i had kids then yes i would hand them in.
In fact if it was any member of my family i would.
Yes it would be heartbreaking but you have to do what you believe to be right no matter who is involved imho.
If it was somebody you didn't know but you knew they had committed a crime you would call the police so why should it be any different if it's family?
My aunty took my cousin(her son) to the police years ago because he was on drugs and he came out of it a better person.
Who knows what would of happened to him if she hadn't shopped him?
Again the point is being missed... would you shop your teenage son if you knew he would be in prison for life?..
Old 31-05-2008, 03:02   #74
Loz

Quote:
Again the point is being missed... would you shop your teenage son if you knew he would be in prison for life?..
First of all they weren't teenagers but grown men.
Second of all if my son or daughter killed somebody then yes.
No matter what the circumstances you can't let somebody get away with murder.
Hopefully i will never have to face such a heartbreaking decision but you have to do what is right.
If i knew a stranger who had murdered somebody then i would call the police, it can't be one rule for ne and one for another.
Besides if it became known that i was covering up for them then i would also be charged.
You may think i'm heartless but you don't know me so hope you won't judge me for this.
I am just being honest.
Old 31-05-2008, 08:14   #75
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Still feel there is some history here though .. they surely can't have suddenly attacked someone like this and been caught laughing about it, etc. ? Don't get me wrong, would like to think I would do as this lady, just can't be 100% sure I would.

Will try and watch this interview in the morning to see what she has to say.
Kate, the mother was interviewed on the 1.30 news yesterday and according to her story, she heard her boys boasting about what they had done to this man...it was then she decided to phone the police and shop them...although the police say there was quite a lot of DNA evidence that would have convicted them if the mother had not conacted them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..