Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 01:13   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Would You Go Abroad With An Alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
A functioning one who manages to hold down a job,but is prone to mood swings,tantrums,don't give a frig attitude.Would you be able to relax on holiday?Wonder if your going to get through passport control.Liability or better off not going at all.If you had no option but to take them would you rather stay at home & put up with the incessant rain & forgo the week in the sun or chance it?
i just got a line on this question, who is actually asking it maxwell?
Old 11-09-2008, 01:15   #17
God Member

has it come to this Maxwell..Joe Royal has gone down hill bruv !
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:59   #18
Resting in Peace

don't think I'd bother going with a Drunk, its bad enough looking after myself when I'm legless let alone some one else too
Old 12-09-2008, 16:56   #19

I would say if you put up with it at home,take a chance abroad and do the same.Better still lesson your ties with the alcoholic
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 17:07   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Most real alcoholics hide it from the rest of the world, the people I think you are talking about are probably binge drinkers that once they have had too much, (but can never realise it), make an absolute exhibition of themselves and all around them.

I would willingly rather go on holiday with an alcoholic rather than a person that turns to a stranger and ask's in a threatening manner, "Who you looking at?", they , are dangerous!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 17:11   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Most real alcoholics hide it from the rest of the world, the people I think you are talking about are probably binge drinkers that once they have had too much, (but can never realise it), make an absolute exhibition of themselves and all around them.

I would willingly rather go on holiday with an alcoholic rather than a person that turns to a stranger and ask's in a threatening manner, "Who you looking at?", they , are dangerous!
Used to have a mate like that Less, there's me six feet four and this guy 5 foot nout an he's there shouting the odds every time he got gatted, ain't seen him for a while
Old 12-09-2008, 17:16   #22
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Used to have a mate like that Less, there's me six feet four and this guy 5 foot nout an he's there shouting the odds every time he got gatted, ain't seen him for a while
Do you know you don't look six foot four on here, must be the way you conservatively post!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 09:40   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Do you know you don't look six foot four on here, must be the way you conservatively post!

Very conservative kind of guy me less
Old 15-09-2008, 14:30   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
A functioning one who manages to hold down a job,but is prone to mood swings,tantrums,don't give a frig attitude.Would you be able to relax on holiday?Wonder if your going to get through passport control.Liability or better off not going at all.If you had no option but to take them would you rather stay at home & put up with the incessant rain & forgo the week in the sun or chance it?

If she was wildly beautiful, a nymphomaniac, rich and owned a bar out there, then yes.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:26   #25
Junior Member+

With the hassel associated with going abroad i.e. the airline check in, lining up at passport control, outward and coming back, in addition to bags inspection you would probably be better off staying at home and both getting drunk. The alternative is
to go to Spain. leave the alcoholic in the hotel bar and then collect him when you arrive back after your night out.
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..