Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2007, 12:32   #16
Resting in Peace

S.O.S. (Support our Soldiers)

Hi I'm just wondering if any members of Accyweb have considered in sending small parcels to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan that will be overseas over the Xmas period.

If you require more information then please look at SOS - Support Our Soldiers this is a registered charity.

Will see if I can put the posters in a post.

If you want to ask me any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you for taking time to read this thread

Bernard
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2007, 12:58   #17
God Member

Re: Would you like to help????

OK Im sorry to be a pain but if anyone knows of anywhere who can donate packing tape or shoe boxes . that would be a great help also.. im working my way round blackpool atm trying to find somewhere .. thanks again .. .
ALSO just like to add .. Ihad a call from my son and he says that a lot of the soldiers are only on basic rations over there atm and the bases are the absolute minimum .. he said his base did have running water which were a treat but many havent and have to wait till they get to the nearest one . so as you can see these parcels are going to be a huge morale lifter .. sorry to go on .. thanks guys i know your doing what you can..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 17:24   #18
Resting in Peace

Not able to post the poster but if anyone want them please ask away for them
Old 17-10-2007, 17:36   #19

Hiya All

As some of you may know (due to missing childs car a few months ago) I am Cherokee's daughter but live in Accy

I know how much work she is putting into this, and its absolutely amazing how many of you have come on board to help. She is now on a mission (when I say a mission, I think me Dad and the kids are going to have to move into the shed cos if they sit still too long, theyre packed up and winging their way to Afghan!) to get as much help and parcels over, not just for the festive period but hopefully the following months as well.

REMEMBER, A SQUADDIE IS FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

sorry

So, she has the will, but she (and everyone else behind the charity) can only help with everyones support, and judging by all the really positive comments from everyone here, this could be a long term thing.

I am able to fetch, drop and carry (lmao, just like a well trained rottweiler) and live in the fern gore area so if anyone can help but needs a hand or drop off point (as well as Mick obviously), or basically anything, let me know.

ANY help will be gratefully received, with peoples time as much as financial help being precious to these guys.

And THANK YOU to everyone so far for everything promised and donated. For some of the lads over there, this is their first tour or first time away from their family and anything that makes them realise that we are still thinking of them will help.

Also, anyone that has a good and regular supplier of kleenex tissues (preferably the aloe vera soft on snotters) would be great cos Cherokee is going through them at the rate of knots. Oh and ear plugs would be great too
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 17:42   #20
mez
God Member

cherokee, i went to a shoe shop & asked them if i could have any spare shoe boxes, they said with pleasure so spent 1 week collecting shoe boxes at 5pm each night now have a lovely tidy section in my wardrobe of full shoe boxes.mabe you could do that or do you want me to ask at same shop for you ............no problem .
Old 17-10-2007, 17:50   #21
God Member

ONLYME......Also, anyone that has a good and regular supplier of kleenex tissues (preferably the aloe vera soft on snotters) would be great cos Cherokee is going through them at the rate of knots. Oh and ear plugs would be great too

Now just what are you tryin to say young lady ... and i hope the earplugs are for me too , so i dont have to keep listening to you lot tellin me to shut up !!!

Thanks for your support hun .. love ya ..
Old 17-10-2007, 17:55   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
cherokee, i went to a shoe shop & asked them if i could have any spare shoe boxes, they said with pleasure so spent 1 week collecting shoe boxes at 5pm each night now have a lovely tidy section in my wardrobe of full shoe boxes.mabe you could do that or do you want me to ask at same shop for you ............no problem .

aww cheers mez .. I am in town this weekend so i m heading into a few shops , also gonna ask at local matalan , but if you have any spare ones mez i can always get nic to pick them up for me .. thanks hun your a star..
Old 17-10-2007, 17:56   #23

errr, yes of course the ear plugs are for you! Obviously nothing to do with the bubbling and wailing that we get when you dont hear from him, and the extreme bubbling and wailing we get when ya do!!

Nothing to do with that whatsoever!!!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 17:57   #24
mez
God Member

am in town tommorrow will go & line some up & let you know how many ive got ok .
Old 17-10-2007, 18:05   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
am in town tommorrow will go & line some up & let you know how many ive got ok .
thats great mez ..thanks
Old 17-10-2007, 19:08   #26
Resting in Peace

I'm just waiting to see if I can use St John Drill Hall as a drop off point. As soon as I find out I'll post the reply from St John.
Old 17-10-2007, 19:37   #27
God Member

What a great idea. I will have to check to see if there is something similar for Canadian Forces serving in Afghanistan.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 19:49   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What a great idea. I will have to check to see if there is something similar for Canadian Forces serving in Afghanistan.

Hi eric someone asked about that on the forum the other day and apparently ther is another website that do them , if i can find it i will put it on for you..
Old 17-10-2007, 20:13   #29
Senior Member+

Posters going up in our staff room tomorrow Cherokee, also I have loads of individual packs of tissues that you can have !
Old 17-10-2007, 20:17   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Hi eric someone asked about that on the forum the other day and apparently ther is another website that do them , if i can find it i will put it on for you..
Thanks hon. It seems as if it will be real easy for me to donate. They are taking donations at CFB/BFC Kingston. I also have it on my christmas wish list that the "peace on earth" idea might finally catch on.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..