Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2007, 08:16   #31
God Member

Re: Would you like to help????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Thanks hon. It seems as if it will be real easy for me to donate. They are taking donations at CFB/BFC Kingston. I also have it on my christmas wish list that the "peace on earth" idea might finally catch on.

ERIC THIS IS ALL I CAN FIND BUT IF YOU EMAIL MARIE IM SURE SHE,LL DO HER BEST FOR YOU .. GOOD LUCK .
Support For Commonwealth Personnel

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me leaving this message.
I'm ex WRAF from a few years ago and along with an ex QARAMC (who now lives in Canada) we run a forum called Kitbag Mates mainly for ex service men and women to meet up and chat about anything and everything, but without the heavy stuff. We even have 3 ww2 Veterans on board, who are excellent on the computer and bright as buttons.

We have only been going for 6 weeks and are gradually building up our membership.

The reason I'm on here is that one of our members son's has just returned to Iraq and is sending parcels and goodies via him and a female colleague for those that don't have anyone to send them things.

Now we would like to do more ourselves, but I notice this is just for British personnel.

Is there anywhere, or a site that you know off that
includes British, Canadians, Australians etc........the whole of the Commonwealth who are out in these danger zones, that is supporting them?

Thanks for any help and I can give my email if this helps.

Lin

BTW this seems a nice helpful site and great for those that need to have a contact.
Marie SOS (Ships Nurse)

Sep 29th, 2007 - 12:55 PM Re: Support For Commonwealth Personnel

Hi Lin

Welcome to SOS .If you Email me I can give you the info you want [email protected]
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2007, 09:02   #32
Senior Member+

will be taking some stuff round to mick as soon as i can
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 11:27   #33
mez
God Member

Right, lynx1 & i have had a productive morning ...ive got about 50-60 shoe boxes in my car at the min, lynx is picking somemore up at 4-30pm this afternoon, will also pick some more up tommorrow we've got some goodies too.
may i say a big thanks to the 3 shoe shops on whalley rd, madhouse & the clarks shop & barbara kays too who kindly donated £10 to buy goodies for our lads & lasses nice one.
Old 18-10-2007, 15:53   #34
God Member

Would I be better of getting the selection packs rather than boxes? I am only asking because I think a selection box doesn't leave much room for anything else to fit in the shoe box.
Old 18-10-2007, 16:33   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
ERIC THIS IS ALL I CAN FIND BUT IF YOU EMAIL MARIE IM SURE SHE,LL DO HER BEST FOR YOU .. GOOD LUCK .
Support For Commonwealth Personnel

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me leaving this message.
I'm ex WRAF from a few years ago and along with an ex QARAMC (who now lives in Canada) we run a forum called Kitbag Mates mainly for ex service men and women to meet up and chat about anything and everything, but without the heavy stuff. We even have 3 ww2 Veterans on board, who are excellent on the computer and bright as buttons.

We have only been going for 6 weeks and are gradually building up our membership.

The reason I'm on here is that one of our members son's has just returned to Iraq and is sending parcels and goodies via him and a female colleague for those that don't have anyone to send them things.

Now we would like to do more ourselves, but I notice this is just for British personnel.

Is there anywhere, or a site that you know off that
includes British, Canadians, Australians etc........the whole of the Commonwealth who are out in these danger zones, that is supporting them?

Thanks for any help and I can give my email if this helps.

Lin

BTW this seems a nice helpful site and great for those that need to have a contact.
Marie SOS (Ships Nurse)

Sep 29th, 2007 - 12:55 PM Re: Support For Commonwealth Personnel

Hi Lin

Welcome to SOS .If you Email me I can give you the info you want [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time ... will certainly check it out.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 21:11   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Would I be better of getting the selection packs rather than boxes? I am only asking because I think a selection box doesn't leave much room for anything else to fit in the shoe box.
Your quite right bernadette packets are much easier to pack around imo , and i think a bit lighter in wieght .
Old 18-10-2007, 21:14   #37
God Member

Jedimaster thanks very much every bit is going to help ..

Mez thanks for ringing , hope you feel better soon hun , and as much as i appreciate all your help please DONT burn yourself out. ..... get yourself a hot toddy girl .
Old 18-10-2007, 21:17   #38
God Member

Right packets it is then
Old 18-10-2007, 21:18   #39

Have just spoken to stepdaughter she says her fiance and his regiment appreciate everything everybody does to show their support.

He is back for a 2 week break shortly so will let him know what everybody is doing.

Just thought you might like to know how they feel.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 21:52   #40
mez
God Member

he he hey i would but on the antibiotics..
Old 18-10-2007, 21:57   #41
God Member

Damn those antibiotics !!! they make us avoid all the things good for us hehehehe

STANACCY PM SENT .
Old 20-10-2007, 06:00   #42
Resting in Peace

Just to let everyone know i will be in all day today so if you have anything to drop off i will be here.
But will be out tomorrow (sunday) having a quiet pint in the queens at church from 2pm with TC,Margret,Less,tealeaf,and moonshiner)
so if your out and about drop in for a chat (impromptu accyweb meet)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 22:18   #43
God Member

Mez just to let you know your stuff got here safe and sound (which is surprising with nics driving lol) she.ll kill me for that one hehe
anyway its all here so thankyou so much and also to you lynx1 it perfect ,
and also to let you all know that I am now officially the sos area co ordinator for the blackpool area so im quite chuffed at that and also quite honoured ..
Old 20-10-2007, 22:31   #44
mez
God Member

good, hope you have enough boxes for the minute..& may i say once again congratulations on your appointment as co-ordinator for the fylde coast area of the sos well done
Old 21-10-2007, 08:30   #45

oi wench! what dya mean, with my driving?????

Am a responsible mother now, dontcha know! Besides Ethan likes going fast....

And Thanks to Mez and Mary for allowing me my blonde moment and guiding me to where I should be, when and also giving lolly pops to get me there lol xx
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..