Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2007, 08:36   #46
mez
God Member

Re: Would you like to help????

sssshhh thats the accyweb meets stash ........the lolly's
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2007, 08:56   #47

aaaaaahhhhh!! oooooops lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 22:16   #48
God Member

We have just recieved this lovely message on sos and i thought i would just share it with you guys , It basicly says how much they appreciate the support from back home .actually brought tears to my eyes .. soppy old me lol..

thanks for all your support

hi everyone i have just been flicking throu all the messages you all sent on the day we returned and come on people you lot need to get out more .

no but seriously i knew there was support back home however not that much. just a quick bit of advice, if its the first time your loved one has been away just bear with them. they are bound to be abit different ie; snappy, mood swings,out on the beer, and at times quiet.(there will be loads of different emotions going throu each and every other persons head) but dont take any of it personally as we have all experienced alot of new things that we couldn't even start to explain, but in time you will hear the stories that mean alot to the person that is telling them. just please for your loved ones sake give them time. even thou we were all in the same place fighting the same war every single person was fighting a different one.

if there is anyone reading this that has unfortunatley lost someone out there then mine and all of the lads send our deepest condolances our respect to your family. i no they will always be in your hearts, please no they will always be in ours aswell. i am not trying to say we have suffered the same lose as yourself however when we are walking around in our own clothes or on parade in our uniform we are there representing them. they will never be forgotten.

on behalf of everyone who was and is still serving overseas i would like to give you all a massive thank you for everything you do it means alot to us all. people dont realise how much work you all do, however to get a parcel from someone you dont no means more than getting one of a loved on as it shows us that there is support back home and people that care.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 22:25   #49
God Member

That is so lovely, I have got tears in my eyes as wll. Just need to get some stuff sorted for you, will make sure Mick gets it Saturday if not before.
Old 22-10-2007, 22:44   #50
God Member

Thats great bernadette
It did make me all blurry eyed , but it does show just how tough theyu have it over there and also just how much they appreciate getting parcels esp off strangers .
someone asked me yesterday how they could get thier school involved and i suggested all the kids doing a xmas card , so hope that works .
Old 22-10-2007, 22:50   #51
God Member

I know where your coming from my brother was in the army for years and my brother-in-law as well. It is really hard on the family but we will never understand what the lads and lasses go through. I sometimes think the mental pressure is the worst for them. I know when my brother-in-law was on the Sir Gallahad when it got bombed he wouldn't talk about what he saw but it must have been horrendous.
Old 22-10-2007, 23:02   #52
God Member

They all react differently to different experiences , ive had a couple of bad do,s with my lad and its so hard to understand . but they do come through it with time .

CAN I JUST SAY ANYONE ON THE SITE WHO HAS LOVED ONES SERVING IN AN OPERATIONAL ZONE AND IS A MEMBER OF THE ARMED SERVICES WOULD LIKE TO PUT THEIR NAME FOWARD FOR A XMAS PARCEL PLEASE PM ME WITH THIER DETAILS AND WILL DO MY BEST .
Old 23-10-2007, 01:47   #53
Resting in Peace

Hopefully lad be home, safe and sound after his 1st tour in Iraq, for Xmas but going to send something out for those overseas.

Not yet heard off SJA re using Drill Hall as colection point so will ring them after work later this morning..
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 09:32   #54
God Member

Hi Guys Can I Just Remind You That Mick Will Be Collecting And Accepting Things At Tonights Meet Should Anyone Want To Donate To The Sos Appeal. Many Thanks AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT
Mel.
Old 27-10-2007, 17:13   #55
God Member

Hope they like chocolate!!!
Old 27-10-2007, 19:01   #56
God Member

well no ones written back to me complaining yet hehe
Old 27-10-2007, 19:05   #57
God Member

That's okay then
Old 28-10-2007, 14:36   #58
God Member

Can i just say thankyou to all whou donated last night every bit help towards the parcels so thanks .
Also just a reminder that i am collecting until the end of NOV so you still have plenty of time to help if you couldnt make the meet last night . just pm me or mick and we will give you details .. many thanks again .
Old 07-11-2007, 17:30   #59
God Member

Bernie pm on its way .. thanks!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 17:36   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Bernie pm on its way .. thanks!!!!
Non needed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..