Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2008, 11:45   #1
Senior Member+

Would you put this on your baby's bed?

Just found this item on ebay, and i know it may be to some peoples liking but i found it a bit, not sure how to describe it really, but wouldnt put it on my babys bed anyway

Skull Roses Cotbed Cot Quilt Personalised 4 Little EMO! on eBay, also, Quilts Duvets, Nursery Bedding, Baby (end time 18-Mar-08 12:58:34 GMT)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2008, 11:48   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Would you put this on your baby's bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Just found this item on ebay, and i know it may be to some peoples liking but i found it a bit, not sure how to describe it really, but wouldnt put it on my babys bed anyway

Skull Roses Cotbed Cot Quilt Personalised 4 Little EMO! on eBay, also, Quilts Duvets, Nursery Bedding, Baby (end time 18-Mar-08 12:58:34 GMT)
Oh my goodness emzy .. not on a baby's bed, but would certainly buy that for my 18 year old grandaughter who dresses in the Goth Style mode .. she would love it !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 11:53   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

stupid.. agree its fine fer goths n teenagers etc etc,whoever came up with this idea for babies beds is BRAINDEAD.
Old 18-03-2008, 11:57   #4
Senior Member+

Its just not right, like you said, fair enough, when their older but I think that would scare the s**t out of my boys if i put that on their cots
Old 18-03-2008, 12:10   #5
God Member

I like it. Skulls must only look like smiley faces to babies, and the black and white would stimulate the baby. Very pretty.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 12:23   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I dont think a baby is gonna take much notice is it , a toddler yeh...then it would be a bit much...poor thing could get nightmares...lol
but my daughter would say........"smart...can i have one"......shes into all that
and it dont bother me either
Old 18-03-2008, 12:24   #7
Senior Member+

Sorry, have just checked and my 2 dont find it stimulating or pretty, one of them ran off and the other looked like he was gonna cry so as a mother I would have to disagree with that one blazey
Old 18-03-2008, 13:29   #8
Senior Member+

It wouldnt bother my 10 week old but the only problem is it wouldnt go with my bedroom decor!
Old 18-03-2008, 13:31   #9
Senior Member+

Lol, mine wouldnt have bothered when they were tiny but it would have scared me! they dont like it as toddlers though (they iccle softies lol)
Old 18-03-2008, 17:55   #10
Resting in Peace

I don't know about a babies bed, I wouldn't want it on mine, you'd be a real masochist to even contemplate it
Old 18-03-2008, 17:58   #11
God Member

That is horrible and I wouldn't like it on my bed never mind a child.
Old 18-03-2008, 18:08   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I like it. Skulls must only look like smiley faces to babies, and the black and white would stimulate the baby. Very pretty.
Well, depends what you call smiley Blazey .. this lot seem to have a sort of evil grin .. bit like the Joker in Batman.

Must admit is rather striking and attractive, but unless your name is Adams or Munster, then think should be a no, no for the very young..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 18:42   #13
God Member

No I wouldn't want it on my babies bed, surprised you can even buy them never seen anything like it before.
Old 19-03-2008, 04:49   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, depends what you call smiley Blazey .. this lot seem to have a sort of evil grin .. bit like the Joker in Batman.

Must admit is rather striking and attractive, but unless your name is Adams or Munster, then think should be a no, no for the very young..
Do babies in cots recognise 'evil grins' or skulls for that matter? Maybe when they're getting to that age when they start pulling themselves up in the cot and all that, but a new born baby isn't going to know the difference, and it'll probably like it just as much when it does get to that older age anyway.

The only reason we don't think its appealling for the bottom of our beds is because of what we associate it with, but a baby doesn't even know 99.9% of the things we associate that image with, so it's obviously only going to see it at most as a strange smiling face.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 08:32   #15
God Member

The strong colours and pattern could keep the child awake
The effect of colour on mood is well known
Room Colors and How it Affects your Mood
If you are insomniac, dont have a red bedroom

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..