Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: do you support mass protest against a government?
yes 20 76.92%
no 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2011, 08:49   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: would you support protest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Now then, Mancie, lad, you're not trying to tell us that the UK is anything like the repressive dictatorships we've seen on the news recently, are you? For all its faults, the UK is paragon of free speech and democracy compared to that lot. As for "paying for their way of life", have you ever been to a third world country? The most poverty-striken family on the worst sink estate in Britain, suffering as they might be under Cameron's cuts, is living a life of luxury compared to the proletariat in many of these North African countries.

So put that Che beret and combat jacket back in the cupboard, chuck that Guerilla Warfare Handbook back on the shelf and get yourself off down the Bermondsey Arms. The revolution won't be starting today.

"..but what can a poor boy do in sleepy London town,
'cos London just ain't no place for a streetfightin' man."
Very true and too the point Wyn
Old 22-02-2011, 09:33   #77
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
No sign of Mancie...do you think he's gone off to join the Libyan Liberation Army (Bermondsey Division)?
Der Mancie Freikorps (Bermondsey Division) recruiting in a Boozer near you ! Fighting oppression (& Tories) from the embattled lines of his local Alehouse, Tandoori takeaway & armchair ! Long live the revolution !

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 22-02-2011 at 09:35.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 11:23   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Der Mancie Freikorps (Bermondsey Division) recruiting in a Boozer near you ! Fighting oppression (& Tories) from the embattled lines of his local Alehouse, Tandoori takeaway & armchair ! Long live the revolution !
Have you dusted off your old combat jacket and black beret then Dave?
Old 22-02-2011, 12:40   #79
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Have you dusted off your old combat jacket and black beret then Dave?
Nah ! The only revolution you're likely to find me in, is if it's a Pub called the "Revolution".
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 17:41   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Nah ! The only revolution you're likely to find me in, is if it's a Pub called the "Revolution".
Isn't there a "Revolution" on the Pleasure beach at Blackpool?
Old 22-02-2011, 18:09   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Isn't there a "Revolution" on the Pleasure beach at Blackpool?
I woudn't even go on that Barrie
Old 22-02-2011, 18:14   #82
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
You had it right the first time.. the bald geezer from yorkshire..drinks bitter and is a big player on the world stage.. I imagine Mugabe and such are quaking in thier boots
Since labour's obnoxious, bumbling man of straw shook hands with Mugabe, then claimed he had not realised who it was without his goggles, Hague can still hold his head up high - despite his own peccadiloes!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 18:32   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Since labour's obnoxious, bumbling man of straw shook hands with Mugabe, then claimed he had not realised who it was without his goggles, Hague can still hold his head up high - despite his own peccadiloes!
Yes, at least Hague hasn't shared a double bed with Mugabe.

Though Maggie did famously whisk him round the dance floor, when Mugabe was guest of honour at dinner she held in his honour in 1979.

Which to some would show an equal level of taste, with Li'l Willy Hague's insistence on sharing a bed with his little special advisor chum.

Last edited by garinda; 22-02-2011 at 18:36.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 18:54   #84
God Member

Mad Dog Gaddafi likes to display his medals, scrambled egg and silverware on his chest, just like all the other crackpot dictators such as Amin, Mugabe, Mubarak. I bet though, that none of 'em have got a HBC leaders medal.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 20:52   #85
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
My Dog Gaddafi
My dog Garibaldi hates bustling protests, but does like mass debates.

Old 22-02-2011, 22:24   #86
God Member

Quote:
Now then, Mancie, lad, you're not trying to tell us that the UK is anything like the repressive dictatorships we've seen on the news recently, are you? For all its faults, the UK is paragon of free speech and democracy compared to that lot. As for "paying for their way of life", have you ever been to a third world country? The most poverty-striken family on the worst sink estate in Britain, suffering as they might be under Cameron's cuts, is living a life of luxury compared to the proletariat in many of these North African countries.

So put that Che beret and combat jacket back in the cupboard, chuck that Guerilla Warfare Handbook back on the shelf and get yourself off down the Bermondsey Arms. The revolution won't be starting today.

"..but what can a poor boy do in sleepy London town,
'cos London just ain't no place for a streetfightin' man."
OK..in no way am I comparing life the UK to Libya, North Africa or anywhere else in the world..I was talking
about Cameron sticking his oar in telling the Eygptian government they must listen to the people..Libya looks
like a different kettle o fish.... but I don't live in Africa!
When there is massive protest here not even 8 months into Camerons ill gained premiership he fobs it off .. maybe
I should have asked the question "when would you support massive protest"? should people wait for 40yrs as in
Libya ?..Cameron and his sidekicks would be better off listening to his own country men and women before he
sticks his head into other countries affairs... and before anyone starts harkin on about Blair the same would be
said for him.

PS.. I know of no such pub as the "Bermondsey Arms" and combat jackets maybe all the fashion in Accy but not in my neck of the woods

Last edited by Mancie; 22-02-2011 at 22:27.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 23:14   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
OK..in no way am I comparing life the UK to Libya, North Africa or anywhere else in the world..I was talking
about Cameron sticking his oar in telling the Eygptian government they must listen to the people..Libya looks
like a different kettle o fish.... but I don't live in Africa!
When there is massive protest here not even 8 months into Camerons ill gained premiership he fobs it off .. maybe
I should have asked the question "when would you support massive protest"? should people wait for 40yrs as in
Libya ?..Cameron and his sidekicks would be better off listening to his own country men and women before he
sticks his head into other countries affairs... and before anyone starts harkin on about Blair the same would be
said for him.

PS.. I know of no such pub as the "Bermondsey Arms" and combat jackets maybe all the fashion in Accy but not in my neck of the woods
Told you.

They've forecast showers later.

There'll be none of your protests here.

Old 23-02-2011, 01:13   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Told you.

They've forecast showers later.

There'll be none of your protests here.
I know ..It's a local Forum for local people..German Dave the scouse tory knows the in and outs of what is happening here.. and then we have the long gone Andrew as an advisor (I hope he ain't bed hopping).. I don't reckon Accy is a seething bed of protest ..unless the taxi men get the hump about Hollands pies not being fit to eat when facing Mecca..but it will be no surprise to me when we see the return of riots here in our own backyards ... a very sad return to Maggie's 80's.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 03:43   #89
God Member

Quote:
and then we have the long gone Andrew as an advisor (I hope he ain't bed hopping).. .
wonder if Tory intern fees can be claimed back from your local 'home' Council , much like university grants used to be
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 07:32   #90
JFT96

Mancie
Quote:
Cameron sticking his oar in telling the Eygptian government they must listen to the people
The people in Egypt were at the time oppressed and did not have the benefit of democratic elections. Something we have.
To stick up for Dave and Nick at least we are to have a referendum this year about the voting system, as they promised.
I am still waiting for the Euro referendum promised by Tony and then Gordon........

Lets face it, they are all the dammed same

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..