Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2005, 11:54   #76
God Member

Re: Wouldn't it be good if........

Just found out that funding source is closed - I'll keep looking.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2005, 11:56   #77
Give, give, give member

After rereading what l just wrote, please nobody feel l am against the noble sentiments behind what was originally intended.

We must all pull together to stand up to face what is happening.

Mani, because you are the only Asian member on here [that we know about], you are a star, and thanks for getting involved in the debate. Your participation is just as important as every other member of Accy Web regardless. We don't expect you to act as a spokesperson, but your input is appreciated mate.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 12:29   #78
God Member

I've found another couple of possibilities - Danial Thwaites have a charitable fund and so does the Co-op. I've downloaded all the forms - all I need now is the cost of producing the wristbands so that I can fill in the forms and send off. Who's finding that out for us?

I'd suggest we distribute them for free because I doubt anyone would want to be involved in collecting money plus it makes it difficult with the application forms as you have to work out profits v cost etc. Better to go for the full cost of producing them from these funds then hand them out for free. Both of these funds only give out small amounts of less than £500 so we'd have to be realistic for the production quantity.

Old 22-07-2005, 12:38   #79
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Good point, crossed my mind too. These fanatics would be given a safer passage?
As in the reply to Janet's post........it isn't really about giving someone a safer passage......it is about making your voice heard........letting the world know that the acts of inhumanity were not done in the name of Islam or any other religion for that matter.
There has been much publicity about the abuse of Asians since the bombings.......it let's muslims demonstrate their solidarity.......and I believe that non-muslims would also identify with this sentiment too. The reaction to this thread proves that...even though it may be only a small way.

I too, am not fond of wristbands ribbons etc.......but I wear a pink ribbon for Breast cancer......and I did wear a black ribbon on Pricess Diana's death.......I would certainly wear one of these if they existed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 12:40   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM
yeh but what aout when they go on sale and some musilems dont get the wrist bands on that day and you see them and you think they have liked what of gone on but realy thay have not got the rist bands yet
in reply to this i would say- if you think negative,thats all you end up with.
Old 22-07-2005, 12:48   #81
Beacon of light

Cashman.... that is so true...!
Old 22-07-2005, 12:49   #82
Give, give, give member

Like l said, l support the sentiment.

l would be happier if ordinary law abiding British Muslims would perhaps organise demonstrations of support for the police in helping to stop this on going campaign of terror.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 12:50   #83
Beacon of light

The fact that Mani has given his input is very important.......after all he is closest to the muslim community and can tell us whether this is a viable idea.......which I hope it is.
Old 22-07-2005, 12:56   #84
Senior Member+

hi folks - just woke up
i've gone and done the most stupid thing. i left my fone at work last nite!

acrylic - the reasons those countries have those colours is cause of the religion. in hte pakistan flag the green represents muslims and the white non-muslims.. on hte saudi the flag is representative of the one Prophet mohammed (PBUH) used to represent muslims..
Old 22-07-2005, 13:02   #85
Senior Member+

oh yeah i was crashing my mind on a name for something like this

Not in my name.
peace for all.
muslims against terrorism
Old 22-07-2005, 13:17   #86
Member.

Please don’t let this fizzle out. It’s not often that enough people come together and develop an idea born here on accyweb, all too often the few that do come together drift apart when someone later brings up an appropriate comment or sees an obstacle that would have other wise have been missed. The original idea was based on good foundations. What is important is that a small multicultural group of individuals came together and set a small part of accyweb on fire with an idea that could lead to change and understanding. If that only relates to the surrounding area then all well and good. At least some got up and did something.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 13:24   #87
God Member

It won't - but I can't complete the forms without a cost for production.

Old 22-07-2005, 13:25   #88
Member.

I would have thought that a simple linkage of equal lengths of thin cut Green and White ribbon inter woven with a single multi coloured thread representing the Union Flag would have met the requirements of all interested parties...................It’s what it represents and how its message is sold to the public that’s important.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-07-2005, 13:28   #89
Beacon of light

Mani said in an earlier thread that he might be up for contacting someone with a view to production.....is that still an option Mani?
Old 22-07-2005, 13:29   #90
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
but I can't complete the forms without a cost for production.
Surly someone must have access to a third party who could help with this. I think you should keep this as simple as possible to ensure that cost or kept to an absolute minimum..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..