Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 12:49   #31
God Member

Re: Xmas cancelled for Farepak customers

just recieved a letter from the joint liquidators for farpak...seems like they are moving on with trying to get some money back for the people who lost out so much last year, so things are looking up, i doubt anyone will get any money this year but maybe i'll get my money or even some of it back next year...here's hoping ay
Old 10-11-2007, 13:13   #32
God Member

If and when you get anything back it will be a bonus Flashy, fingers crossed you get smething.
Old 10-11-2007, 13:16   #33

Never know flashy u might be able to bye a xmas pud next year with the money that u get from them.........but lets hope u get a lot more than that..fingers crossed.
Old 10-11-2007, 13:19   #34
God Member

lol i wont be buying a xmas pud lynx, i hate the damn things i may be able to buy a mars bar
Old 10-11-2007, 14:07   #35
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
just recieved a letter from the joint liquidators for farpak...seems like they are moving on with trying to get some money back for the people who lost out so much last year, so things are looking up, i doubt anyone will get any money this year but maybe i'll get my money or even some of it back next year...here's hoping ay
BBC 2 daily politics/business show 12 noon weekdays, run an update on un/Fairpack on regular basis, you may get a few shillings in the pound, 'The rest is lost In the main parent company'. No disrespect flashy but only a lunatic would invest money via a third party, interest free with no guarantee, save a flimsy few grand insurance policy'for advertising purposes' not only can they go bust, the collector can do a runner, and still can if owt comes back for you to him/ her. I will keep you posted with developments.
PS; Next year following the collapse of Northern Rock 'or nearly' the government are gong to underwrite a certain amount,but not the collector or agent. Sick it in the bank and get the interest, a smart agent does.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 14:30   #36
God Member

Ian i'd been using these saving schemes for a few years and before farepak i'd never had a problem, i obviously havent done it this year but i do know some people who have done it with a different company, lets say ive learnt from my mistakes...thanx for that
Old 10-11-2007, 15:08   #37
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Ian i'd been using these saving schemes for a few years and before farepak i'd never had a problem, i obviously havent done it this year but i do know some people who have done it with a different company, lets say ive learnt from my mistakes...thanx for that
It only need's the 'agent' to get into financial trouble, bingo there goes your money,all they get is a slap on the wrist in court, and what's an odd friend lost cost; nowt.
People whe perform these agents tasks for peanuts 'usually' have nowt anyway,there is more money per anum lost this way countrywide, than Fairpack lost.
Fairpack invested 'your money' the parent company who were in trouble, they could not pay back in time result, UNHAPPY CHRISTMAS, for flashy and the rest of Fairpack's loyal customers who were well 'sett' up by the 'big boys'. Where is that money now?
Remember the 'Bouncing Check' Robert Maxwell came here with 5 bob in his pocket,transfered the news printers pension into his company, he's dead but that money is still floating round, like he did. we are mere pawns in their scheme of things, expendable.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:12   #38
God Member

thats sooooo true
Old 10-11-2007, 22:21   #39

I would say the same as jimme,could be back with another name.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..