Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 09:56   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Yet another dog kills a child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
PMSL.

No just wanting to share facts that arnt usually brought up.
Well the facts, as far as I could research them, is that there aren't any photographs of children maimed for life, or that have been killed, by Toy Poodles or Golden Retrievers.

Sadly there is a whole library full of ones inflicted by badly trained Pit Bulls.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16   #62
Resident Waffler

I was reminded of a story I read a couple of years ago about a family in America who had a pit bull. The father heard his son scream and ran to the barn where he saw his son lying injured and the dog with blood round its mouth. Without hesitation he shot the dog but the boy screamed out NO! as the dog fell dead and only then did the father see the wolf that the dog had killed which had attacked the boy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28   #63
Resting in Peace

And your point willow ? we dont get too many wolf's round here fox's maybe but i have never seen a wolf on blackburn road
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54   #64
Resident Waffler

The point to the story was that the Dad misjudged the dog. I was just reminded of it when I looked at those links. We don't have many rattle snakes here either but there was a story about a dog saving a child from one of those. I suppose what we are both trying to say is that you can't tar all of one breed or similar breeds with the same brush. Some of those American Pit Bulls have rescued people just as some Alsations and other dogs have done here.

The dog in the news story was already known to be a problem dog and any problem dog should be dealt with before a tragedy like the death of the child happens.

Princess Anne's dog had already bitten a child before it killed one of the Queen's corgis. It should have been put down after the attack on the child. Any dog should, whatever the breed. We got a dog from Bleakholt once and it bit my mother. I told them we couldn't possibly keep it after that but they insisted that it should be returned to Bleakholt as we only had it on approval at that stage. I would have been happier to have handed the dog over to the RSPCA for putting to sleep but we had no authority to do that unfortunately. I couldn't help wondering if it had ever bitten anyone else and how many other unsuspecting families were going to be encouraged to adopt it. It was a lovely looking dog, a black shaggy haired thing.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:59   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The point to the story was that the Dad misjudged the dog. I was just reminded of it when I looked at those links. We don't have many rattle snakes here either but there was a story about a dog saving a child from one of those. I suppose what we are both trying to say is that you can't tar all of one breed or similar breeds with the same brush. Some of those American Pit Bulls have rescued people just as some Alsations and other dogs have done here.
Exactally.

Any dog that shows aggresive tendancies (inc one's belonging to higher powers) should be delt with appropriatly, whether this be a Pit Bull, Rotty, Alsation, Poodle.

All Dogs are dangerous, certain breeds would cause more damage as they are bigger, just as certain cars are more dangerous as they are faster.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:32   #66
Resident Waffler

A girl I worked with had a long haired German Shepherd. It was a huge thing which looked even bigger with all its fluffy hair. When she took it for walks people gave them a wide berth. One day I stopped to talk to her when she was out with the dog and he must have been getting a bit fed up at this interruption to his walk as he bared his fangs and growled at me, then barked. It was quite intimidating but I just said "Oh shut up! I'm not impressed." and he sank down onto the ground with a "humph!"

Old 03-01-2007, 11:33   #67
God Member

Quote:
A girl I worked with had a long haired German Shepherd. It was a huge thing which looked even bigger with all its fluffy hair. When she took it for walks people gave them a wide berth. One day I stopped to talk to her when she was out with the dog and he must have been getting a bit fed up at this interruption to his walk as he bared his fangs and growled at me, then barked. It was quite intimidating but I just said "Oh shut up! I'm not impressed." and he sank down onto the ground with a "humph!"
So do we rename you Barbara Woodhouse then???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34   #68
Resident Waffler

No, I haven't got the cardigan for it.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:36   #69
God Member

Quote:
No, I haven't got the cardigan for it.
I am sure that can be arranged.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:53   #70
Resting in peace

News reports just come through, about yet two more dog attacks on children aged six and ten years in Newcastle, Police statement said they were Stafforshire Bullterriers, 'Itv lunchtime news Wednesday 3rd Jan.'
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:56   #71
Give, give, give member

Well suprise, suprise.

The dead child's uncle, pictured laying flowers on the news in his trackie, has served time for possesion of drugs with intent to supply.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

Old 03-01-2007, 13:04   #72
God Member

Ruddy hypocrit is all I can say. Niece is savaged to death and he wants the sympathy vote! Sorry but it dont wash that easy!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 13:06   #73
Give, give, give member

'Meanwhile, residents said that Simpson, a bodybuilder, bragged about owning the aggressive breed.

"Kiel (Simpson) used to let the dog off loose on the playing field behind his house," said one young mother, who was too afraid to be named.

"It was off its lead with no muzzle and would run around frightening people. It was clear he liked to intimidate people, he thought it was a big laugh to see them scared."

Another neighbour said the 12-month-old dog had been "trained" to attack others.'

Like I said earlier, whilst d*ckheads like this carry on having these dogs, more children will be maimed and die.

Old 03-01-2007, 13:11   #74
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Simpson could face a £5000 fine and six months in prison if he is convicted of having a prohibited dog.
So if it's not actually a prohibited dog would he not be fined and imprisoned despite the death of his niece? He should be! If he's encouraged that dog to intimidate people then this is the result of his moronic actions.

Old 03-01-2007, 13:12   #75
God Member

Maybe shoot the things on site is the answer. If the NI police have no quarms about putting them down by law, though a toothless one at that the its about time it happened here. These animals can be too dangerous and shouldnt get a second chance. I know people that have had and still have bull terriers and terriers in various forms and they dont have problems with them but do err on the side of caution. This includes my mum who has a staffie/english cross. It can be a fun animal but gets carried away when having fun but has a yellow streak that is on the large side.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..