Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 12:46   #1
Resting in Peace

you will pray to Allah

Parents of children attending Alsager High School near Crew reacted in fury when two white boys were given detention for refusing to kneel and pray to Allah. 12 year old girls were also told of for not wearing muslim headwear as part of a religious education lesson. What is happening to this country. I accept that to learn about other religions in todays Britain is part of childrens education, but to me this is taking it a bit far. I just wonder what would have happened if muslim children had been made to pray the a Christian God, there would certainly have been quesions in the House, with dogooding Guardianist demanding a public apology to the offended kids, and the sacking of the teacher. At the moment the school arn't saying anything, but are making inquires into the insident. Whats betting its the last we hear about it
Old 05-07-2008, 13:09   #2
Loz

Re: you will pray to Allah

There would be an absolute uproar if it was the other way around and Muslim kids were made to say the lords prayer.
You are right the teacher would have been suspended and probably sacked and it would be debated endlessly.
This will get a little publicity and be forgotten most likely but to me it is just outrageous and yet another death knell for our culture.
Old 05-07-2008, 13:09   #3
Resting in Peace

Would hope that the school would make public the findings but the better question is DARE they make it public if proved to be true!!!!
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 13:17   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Parents of children attending Alsager High School near Crew reacted in fury when two white boys were given detention for refusing to kneel and pray to Allah. 12 year old girls were also told of for not wearing muslim headwear as part of a religious education lesson. What is happening to this country. I accept that to learn about other religions in todays Britain is part of childrens education, but to me this is taking it a bit far. I just wonder what would have happened if muslim children had been made to pray the a Christian God, there would certainly have been quesions in the House, with dogooding Guardianist demanding a public apology to the offended kids, and the sacking of the teacher. At the moment the school arn't saying anything, but are making inquires into the insident. Whats betting its the last we hear about it
to me thats the problem jaysay- too many people accept to learn about other religions is part of childrens education. well i don't, as i said before do other religions learn their kids about ours? do they hell as like n why should they.?
Old 05-07-2008, 13:20   #5
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me thats the problem jaysay- too many people accept to learn about other religions is part of childrens education. well i don't, as i said before do other religions learn their kids about ours? do they hell as like n why should they.?
I agree wholeheartedly.
When i was at school i had to learn about all the different religions in R.E and for what purpose?
Heck i didn't even want to learn about christianity nevermind any other religion.
Old 05-07-2008, 13:25   #6
Resting in Peace

To me Allah and God are imaginary friends for grown ups.Whatever you call them is irrelevant.However I do agree that it is wrong to be made to kneel and pray to someone else's god whatever it's name is.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 13:56   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well I agree with you cashy, but I'm resigned to the fact that our system is run by dogooders and we have to conform or whoe betide, its a one sided arguemnt in this country now, we have to conform to what other races want, but they please themselves and stick two finger up to the indigenous population, we're the racists they're just misunderstood
Old 05-07-2008, 14:08   #8
Senior Member+

Where has this story originated?
Old 05-07-2008, 14:14   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I just wonder what would have happened if muslim children had been made to pray the a Christian God,
Quote:
benipete=To me Allah and God are imaginary friends for grown ups.Whatever you call them is irrelevant.However I do agree that it is wrong to be made to kneel and pray to someone else's god whatever it's name is.
Please excuse my ignorance but aren't God, Allah & Jehovah supposed to be the same omnipresent being?

As usual different factions of this too well spread fairy tale don't get along, the sooner they do, the sooner the rest of us might just get a little bit of peace that has been promised for far too long.

God bless the atheists for they shall be meek enough to inherit the Earth!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 14:17   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Please excuse my ignorance but aren't God, Allah & Jehovah supposed to be the same omnipresent being?

As usual different factions of this too well spread fairy tale don't get along, the sooner they do, the sooner the rest of us might just get a little bit of peace that has been promised for far too long.

God bless the atheists for they shall be meek enough to inherit the Earth!

Can't agree more Less, except for the last bit in red
Old 05-07-2008, 14:19   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Where has this story originated?
It was in the Star this morning TM, I don't usually put to much store in articles in the Star, but it did carry interviews with parents as well and in fact named the school too
Old 05-07-2008, 14:23   #12
God Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ray-Allah.html

Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel in class and pray to Allah

Last edited by Mick; 06-07-2008 at 04:45.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 14:29   #13
God Member

I am surprised at anybody who may be surprised at any aspect of this story, we have been bending over backwards to get them and thier customs into the country, at this rate, our grandchildrens children will all be muslims, mmmm, is that not the idea?
Old 05-07-2008, 14:29   #14
I am Banned

The most preposterous notion that Homo Sapiens have ever dreamed up, is that there is a lord of creation, the supposed shaper and ruler of the universe, needs the saccharine adoration of his creatures, can be swayed by their prayers and becomes petulant if he does not receive this flattery.

Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred af evidence to support it, pays the expenses of one of the oldest and least produtive industries in all of mans history.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 14:40   #15
Resting in Peace

It does look like this lesson was meant to be a little bit of play acting, however, for them to be given detention for not doing it does appear to be a little extreme, unless the pupils had been rude to the teacher or summat.

Agree with all other points in above posts though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..