Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2007, 19:30   #1
Resident Waffler

You're not even safe on the pavement!

Well this chap wasn't yesterday in Blackburn! At least they've arrested the driver.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2007, 20:30   #2
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: You're not even safe on the pavement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Well this chap wasn't yesterday in Blackburn! At least they've arrested the driver.
He was lucky.

He might have been killed by a cyclist.
Old 17-11-2007, 20:35   #3
God Member

Re: You're not even safe on the pavement!

Now I get it .... damn these language differences. In Canada the pavement is the road and people walk on the sidewalk.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 21:00   #4
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: You're not even safe on the pavement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Now I get it .... damn these language differences. In Canada the pavement is the road and people walk on the sidewalk.
You lot and the Yanks corrupted the English language, so you can’t blame us.

We have a road for vehicles and a pavement (sidewalk to you) for pedestrians.
Old 17-11-2007, 21:58   #5
white rabbits

Its annoying when cars are parked on nearly all pavement because they are on double yellow lines,, surely its still an offence,,And now we have to contend with looney drivers as well...
Old 19-11-2007, 09:49   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
You lot and the Yanks corrupted the English language, so you can’t blame us.

We have a road for vehicles and a pavement (sidewalk to you) for pedestrians.
I think that it was Oscar Wilde who said, "We have everything in common with the Americans but language."
Old 19-11-2007, 13:16   #7
Senior Member+

thats when you can use the pavement... i took the twins out the other day, in the double buggy and i kept having to walk in the road because cars were parked on the pavement... i know the buggy is big but i couldnt have got a single through some of the gaps...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 14:04   #8
Resident Waffler

It's the same for people in wheelchairs too. I have a friend who uses an electric one and got stranded one day because someone had parked on the pavement between her leaving the house and heading back. These people just don't think.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 21:20   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think that it was Oscar Wilde who said, "We have everything in common with the Americans but language."

It was George Bernard Shaw and he said England and America are two countries divided by a common language. (sorry it's the pedant in me )

Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 21:36   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It's the same for people in wheelchairs too. I have a friend who uses an electric one and got stranded one day because someone had parked on the pavement between her leaving the house and heading back. These people just don't think.
If somebody winds my Dad up by parking on the pavement when he is out in his scooter and it's a tight fit he tends to check what change he has in his pocket, or on one occasion he had to check the keys on his keyring
Old 20-11-2007, 20:43   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
It was George Bernard Shaw and he said England and America are two countries divided by a common language. (sorry it's the pedant in me )
Nothing wrong with pedantry, it keeps conversation going at boring parties

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..