Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2017, 17:50   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Yours disruntedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I'm fed up with cyclists not having lights or even reflective clothing . not just Surely in this day and age bikes could have proper lights not just the poor sort with a dynamo. No doubt in an accident the poor motorist would get blamed. While we are on rants...I am sick of seeing cars with their fog lights on when it is not at all foggy or even misty. Do they not realise it is an offence.
I'm fed up with foot path cyclists!

I use a bike on the odd occasion it has lights, and a bell (required within the highway code) I use the road, THAT is where I should cycle.
The number of I don't care about you people legally using a foot path I'm only interested in my own safety, push their way past with a swear word because you didn't hear them coming, they are to me as bad as a motorist drink driving or using a mobile phone and should be clamped down on with the full force of our limpid laws.
cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2017, 18:49   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
My foglights on my daughters car though come on by themselves, turn left when you have dipped headlights on and the left foglight comes on, turn right and the right foglight comes on.
That I think, is a standard thing with most modern vehicles. I know it happens with our 2013 Ford Tranny Custom, a bit distracting initially but then you just take it for granted as time goes by.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:13   #18
Senior Member+

So if I get pulled I just need to convince officer dibble that it's a feature of my car and not that I've switched them on by accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:22   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That I think, is a standard thing with most modern vehicles. I know it happens with our 2013 Ford Tranny Custom, a bit distracting initially but then you just take it for granted as time goes by.
How posh!

You have a van less than 5 years old!

Should you really be talking to us minions?

On second thoughts...

Oh, dear, your a scoucer, who's van is it really?
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.

Last edited by Less; 21-01-2017 at 19:25.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:37   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It was other drivers being distracted by them not the driver of the car with the flashing fog lights
Old 21-01-2017, 19:42   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How posh!

You have a van less than 5 years old!

On second thoughts...

Oh, dear, your a scoucer, who's van is it really?
Liverpudlian is what I mean, for some reason scouser in whatever manner it might be spelt, is no longer allowed on a mobile!
Old 21-01-2017, 19:43   #22
Full Member+

If the fog light switch is off how can it come on whether the vehicle is turning or not.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:10   #23
Senior Member+

Yours disruntedly

That's how they've designed it, supposed to help by lighting the corner you're turning into.

Must admit it fooled me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 14:04   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How posh!
The thought of a van being "Posh" takes some getting used to.

Most definitely, need to keep the peons happy!
Less, Less, Less, whatever are you suggesting? Just because we've got a newish van doesn't make me any less of an 'orrible little oik as I've always been.
Old 22-01-2017, 14:12   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Added to that it's important to have a "Big boot" for moving kit about! (Mind you, the exact ownership of said kit is somewhat secondary ..... )
Gremlin likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..