Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nightlife, Events, Days out (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/)
-   -   Grandmaster flash live in accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/grandmaster-flash-live-in-accrington-60137.html)

Leon Kelly 13-12-2011 12:59

Grandmaster flash live in accrington

Hi people, Now this may not be for some of you however for the older generation out their this maybe something that you may want to see.

I have booked Grandmaster Flash to DJ live at Level One, Grandmaster had a huge number of hits in the 80s with The Message, White Lines, Wokred with Blondie on her hits as well back in the day.

He has collabarated with some of the biggest names in the buisness, and in 2012 he will be receiving a grammy for his contribution to music and also going in the grammy hall of fame.

He is performing live at Level One on Saturday 4th February 2012, He will be on stage at 9.30pm till 11.30pm, we did it early so people can come in at 8pm have a good night with friends and then go home early doors if they like.

Tickets are £10.00 from the club, we have already sold over 100 so far and thats mainly to the shifters reunion people, so be great to see some of you down, This is a really big thing for the town as not many grammy award winning artistes appear in the town so i think its something to be proud for the town that we managed to get him to Accrington.

If it not your thing no worries but please dont turn this into one of those do everything down threads which happens at times.

If you want a ticket please let me know

MargaretR 13-12-2011 13:05

Re: Grandmaster flash live in accrington

There is a forum section where this should be put
Nightlife, Events, Days out - Accrington Web

mobertol 13-12-2011 13:12

Cool! For those who've forgotten:

Grandmaster Flash - White Lines (Don't Do It) (1983) Original - YouTube

Wonder what he's like 30 yrs on...

Leon Kelly 13-12-2011 13:44

Grandmaster Flash (Live) - San Francisco, Yoshi's - July 2, 2011 - YouTube

groove 13-12-2011 14:26

That is a good coup Leon...well done

Tealeaf 13-12-2011 15:04

No wonder the town is going down hill fast when this sort of garbage becomes a main attraction.

Leon Kelly 13-12-2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 955665)
No wonder the town is going down hill fast when this sort of garbage becomes a main attraction.

See this is what i dont get, Grammy award winning artist the guy changed the face of DJing and invented the cue button on all mixing desks used world wide for years and known as the king of hip hop and its deemed garbage.... My point on the post when i started lets not turn this into another do the town scenario, within what 4 posts there it is.

Just frustrates me that when so much effort is put in getting these people into the town a famous name theres always someone waiting to do it down, you know what the problem is too many people doing their own town down and not being proud of it thats the problem

susie123 13-12-2011 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Kelly (Post 955676)
See this is what i dont get, Grammy award winning artist the guy changed the face of DJing and invented the cue button on all mixing desks used world wide for years and known as the king of hip hop and its deemed garbage.... My point on the post when i started lets not turn this into another do the town scenario, within what 4 posts there it is.

Just frustrates me that when so much effort is put in getting these people into the town a famous name theres always someone waiting to do it down, you know what the problem is too many people doing their own town down and not being proud of it thats the problem

It's not that it's just not something I would cross the road to see. Each to his own.

jaysay 13-12-2011 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Kelly (Post 955676)

Just frustrates me that when so much effort is put in getting these people into the town a famous name there's always someone waiting to do it down, you know what the problem is too many people doing their own town down and not being proud of it that's the problem

Just ignore Tealeaf he goes way eventually, when he's annoyed enough people

Margaret Pilkington 13-12-2011 17:48

I think that perhaps most of those who remember this guy will be past clubbing it, and probably into more sedate leisure activities...either that or busy trying to bring up a family..

It wouldn't be to my taste...he didn't float my boat back in the 80's....but I guess if you get some of the young folk interested in the music...after all it will be 'new' to them.

susie123 13-12-2011 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 955708)
I think that perhaps most of those who remember this guy will be past clubbing it, and probably into more sedate leisure activities...either that or busy trying to bring up a family..

It wouldn't be to my taste...he didn't float my boat back in the 80's....but I guess if you get some of the young folk interested in the music...after all it will be 'new' to them.

My point exactly Margeret... never heard of him anyway.

Margaret Pilkington 13-12-2011 18:26

I have heard of him, but he was never a favourite of mine.....when he was popular I would have been in my late thirties, I had sort of grown out of pop music(if that is what you want to call it)my interests were invested in other more important things.

cashman 13-12-2011 18:34

I have always been interested in music, but that aint my bag at all, nevertheless its still a good coup fer those that like it.

jaysay 13-12-2011 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 955727)
I have heard of him, but he was never a favourite of mine.....when he was popular I would have been in my late thirties, I had sort of grown out of pop music(if that is what you want to call it)my interests were invested in other more important things.

Well Margaret I love music, but I have to say I've never heard of the gadgy, must purvey the kind of music I don't like and as never been on my wavelength

steve2qec 13-12-2011 18:43

As there's a bit of an 80's revival vibe going on at the moment, I think this gig might do well - plus Mr Flash seems to be an icon in rap circles.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see Fish (former singer with Marillion) in Darwen, the gig was sold out...people came from miles around to see him - I know this because Fish did a kind of Q&A session between songs and by speaking to people after the gig.

I don't like rap music much, but reckon that fans of the genre will flock to see him.