Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nightlife, Events, Days out (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/)
-   -   Illustrated talks for most social groups (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/illustrated-talks-for-most-social-groups-68667.html)

steverh 12-11-2016 13:19

Illustrated talks for most social groups

If you belong to any social group who invite speakers to present illustrated talks, take a look at my website: Steve Halliwell : Author, Public Speaker, Biographer where you'll find details of 20 odd talks I give, together with details of those I currently have engagements with, and, most importantly my contact details. Give me a shout, I speak to all manner of diverse groups, with an equally diverse range of talks.
Would younger generations be mindful that more senior members may not see this, and would they PLEASE pass the info onto them. THANKYOU

DaveinGermany 12-11-2016 16:06

Re: Illustrated talks for most social groups

You'd be surprised at what the owdies on here are capable of. :)

Also, Hello.

Barrie Yates 12-11-2016 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1181266)
You'd be surprised at what the owdies on here are capable of. :)

Also, Hello.

Perhaps he should research the medium he advertises on before anything else.

Eric 12-11-2016 18:24

Many of us "senior members":rofl38: may be too busy to see your post. Like me: I have beer and bourbon to drink, a Yoda bong to keep stoked, and plans to make for an evening of horizontal fun with my "friend with benefits."

And: Welcome/Bienvenue to AccyWeb International.

Gremlin 12-11-2016 18:37

I certainly read your post and am not amused by your comments. If you think that "more senior members" would not be seeing your post I advise you to think again.
I'm sure that at 78 years old I'm not the oldest by any means using this forum.

maxthecollie 12-11-2016 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1181279)
I certainly read your post and am not amused by your comments. If you think that "more senior members" would not be seeing your post I advise you to think again.

Well said Russell, he has a nerve to come on here without first introducing himself.

Retlaw 12-11-2016 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1181279)

Aye Russell am a good bit owder then thee, an a while ago I kept geddin messages about me givin talks to sum o these societie's on the Pals and Accrington Heroes, I don't talk to groups of people an wouldnd know where to start, I asked my librarian friends at Acc an was told to ignore them' give them a wide berth. Seem like some of these clubs an societies put on meetings an invite speakers, most of em aren't the slightest bit interested in whats beeing said, its a club a society, an they just want to be part of the scene, trying to act like the Mason's.

gpick24 12-11-2016 22:41

No doubt the elderly accywebbers have been made aware by now and Mick or Neil will take appropriate action :D

Eric 12-11-2016 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1181298)
No doubt the elderly accywebbers have been made aware by now and Mick or Neil will take appropriate action :D

:swear8:

Less 13-11-2016 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverh (Post 1181250)
If you belong to any social group who invite speakers to present illustrated talks, take a look at my website: Steve Halliwell : Author, Public Speaker, Biographer where you'll find details of 20 odd talks I give, together with details of those I currently have engagements with, and, most importantly my contact details. Give me a shout, I speak to all manner of diverse groups, with an equally diverse range of talks.
Would younger generations be mindful that more senior members may not see this, and would they PLEASE pass the info onto them. THANKYOU

Perhaps you should let us know on here what subjects you talk about?

Lot's of our members don't do links (too technical).

Just a stab in the dark could a couple of your talks be about:-

How to successfully spam a site and hope to make a profit

and

It's easy to peace off the older generation just be as patronising as I am

?????

Less 13-11-2016 08:09

P.S. I visited your site, your supposed to be some sort of researcher, why didn't you research AccyWeb Before posting?

P.P.S. Thank you for the facility were visitors can comment, I'm sure the more articulate of our members will struggle over to it and let you know what they think.
:D

steverh 13-11-2016 08:50

By 'eck lads, tha'r a touchy bunch! Research? I've found out more than I expected wi' one post! I don't suppose there's a U3a in Accy then?!

Michael1954 13-11-2016 08:52

It's a bit of a cheek coming on here just to advertise his services and then expecting the younger members to act as his PRs to the "senior members". Well this old codger, for one, doesn't do Public Relations work for nothing. £100 and I'll see what I can do, Steve. Let me know when I'll receive your cheque.

steverh 13-11-2016 08:59

I don't do spam myself!! If you were to do things the long way round, Google my name and the words that come after it in my original post, and you'll find umpteen references to me and my interests. Other respondees have chastised me for assuming that the older readers don't need any digital assistance. Links just foreshorten matters.

Margaret Pilkington 13-11-2016 10:37

Steverh, I think your first mistake(if I can call it that) is that you did not really introduce yourself...this is the introduction section...only for introduction.
Any other 'chat' shoiuld be in a different section(so the mods are going to slap all of our hands).
It seemed to be a case of what can this site do for me, rather than the other way about. We have had a lot of that sort of stuff in the past and it does not go down well because such member rarely stay around and enrich the site.

If you are going to be advertising a service - which, to me, it seems that is what you are doing. It should be in another section AND it would be a courtesy to the site to ask permission from a moderator before you do that, otherwise your post may be seen as advertising spam.(and dealt with appropriately)

The majority of us on here are very capable of navigating the internet. in fact my daughter sometimes asks me for help in finding her way about.

We have a branch of the U3A at great harwood, though not sure if any members are signed up to it.

Now I am not trying to 'get at you', just offering some (hopefully) friendly advice