Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 16:31   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington CC Bonfire 2009?

Sad really I remember when you where spoilt for choice of bonfire's to attend, I also remember when there where nearly 2 fire's on ever back alley.

Funny how things change.
Old 05-11-2009, 17:01   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Sad really I remember when you where spoilt for choice of bonfire's to attend, I also remember when there where nearly 2 fire's on ever back alley.

Funny how things change.
I know ...'fings aren't what they used to be are they Mr. D ? ..

Love this story where a Rugby club in Devon has a virtual bonfire, with big screen, sound system for crackling wood, heaters and smoke machines. Lots of fireworks though. Can't make my mind up whether I would like it or not .. seems to be successful though :-

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Devon | Virtual bonfire at firework show
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 15:22   #18

I saw council workmen 'collecting' wood that had been stacked ready for bonfires. Maybe one reason that they no longer happen in the back alley's

See all those going at the cricket club x
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17   #19

Would just like to thank all those hard working Rotaract members for a great night and see you next year
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:40   #20
Resting in Peace

Hate to put a dampener on what is a well organised event, but nothing is safe. Hope does not have any influence on a bonfire next year :

Bomb disposal team on standby over Accrington fireworks theft (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Idiots at work again ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bonfire

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..