Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2012, 13:23   #1

Accrington Christmas Lights 2012

Hi People, Just a quick one to let you all know that this years Accringtons Christmas Lights will be on Saturday 24th November starting at 5.00pm till 8.00pm.

I have been asked to organise the stage entertainment as i did last years, So far we have booked a local band The Outsiders, and a local Dance troop from the new era complex, We have a few names in the hat for the headlining act, however if any of you have any names of local performers or any suggestions
please let me know on here.
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2012, 13:24   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Christmas Lights 2012

SATURDAY? how very unusual, it's been a Thursday for as long as i can remember
Old 26-09-2012, 13:36   #3

We moved it to a Saturday so that families could make a day of it and were not having to rush home from school and work to get into the town for 5pm, we wanted to try a Saturday so that people had the opportunity to get into the town maybe do some shopping for the day then enjoy the lights later
Old 26-09-2012, 13:47   #4
God Member

thats fair enough
Old 26-09-2012, 14:01   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
We moved it to a Saturday so that families could make a day of it and were not having to rush home from school and work to get into the town for 5pm, we wanted to try a Saturday so that people had the opportunity to get into the town maybe do some shopping for the day then enjoy the lights later

Thanks for the warning, I mean heads up, must be nice to get free advertising space on AccyWeb, even though you haven't asked the Admin' for permission, perhaps the following link may be of use to you, or the site might not be here next year.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 14:02   #6
God Member

oh my god Less, someone always asks on here, every year, 'when are the lights on', he isn't advertising anything other than what accy people want to know
Old 26-09-2012, 14:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
oh my god Less, someone always asks on here, every year, 'when are the lights on', he isn't advertising anything other than what accy people want to know
Yes he is, he's advertising the fact it's been moved to Saturday so folk can make a day of it and go shopping.

How much would that cost for a page in the Obbo'?
Old 26-09-2012, 14:09   #8
God Member

go back to bed grumps
Old 26-09-2012, 14:15   #9

Quote:
go back to bed grumps
Not grumps, just trying to help keep the site running, no money=no site, no site= nowhere for him to advertise next time.

The Obbo' wouldn't give him free space to advertise, plus he didn't ask for permission to advertise, which is the courteous thing to do, others have their adverts removed for exactly the same reasons.
Old 26-09-2012, 14:20   #10
God Member

Not often I disagree with ya Less but as a community event it's just in the wrong section, should be in Nightlife, Events etc
Old 26-09-2012, 14:25   #11
God Member

i think it's good for the economy AND the shops in Accrington, an event thats been going on for as long as i can remember....and obviously longer
Old 26-09-2012, 14:40   #12

Quote:
i think it's good for the economy AND the shops in Accrington, an event thats been going on for as long as i can remember....and obviously longer
Yes I agree with all the above, but it is still free advertising for an event he's organising. Will the group do it for nothing? Will the Dancers? Will the Obbo'?
What's wrong with him donating a little to the site so that it will still be here so he can advertise it again next year?
Old 26-09-2012, 14:52   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes he is, he's advertising the fact it's been moved to Saturday so folk can make a day of it and go shopping.

How much would that cost for a page in the Obbo'?
Have to disagree yon, He was answering a question that was posted. The original post mentioned nowt.
Old 26-09-2012, 15:02   #14
God Member

LESS how many times do you and Mick 'advertise' the Railway?
Old 26-09-2012, 15:11   #15

Less, I was advertising the Christmas lights for accrington you know the town as a whole and telling people when it was, plus offering anyone who knows any local talent that may be after a chance to shine.

The observer are giving the lights four weeks free advertisement which I sourced myself, and my time for the event is free as I am trying to make the event as big as it can be.

If there's a funding issue with accy web then lets set up a meeting and ill be happy to help and try and raise the funds required to keep the forum open and bring it to the right people's attention

Please can we not turn this into something it isn't less you should be supporting the fact that moving it to help local businesses and also make parents not have to run around like idiots on a Thursday.

Back to the topic it's the 24th November anyone that has anyone that they would like to be considered please let me know

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..