Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2015, 17:43   #16
God Member

Re: Air Shows - 2015

Prestwick international in september.
Old 24-04-2015, 20:43   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Only when they found out my parents were married (to each other) same teason I failed the Plod entrance exam.
Surely that counts as Racial Prejudice with you being a scouser
Old 25-04-2015, 07:01   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Surely that counts as Racial Prejudice with you being a scouser
Nah Mate, I've no problem with being an ethnic minority.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 28-04-2015, 14:03   #19
God Member

Had our own little air show yesterday ... an RCAF C-17 heavy lifter flying fairly low, probably on its approach to CFB Trenton. Impressive. That's one big mother [deleted]er of a plane. You could probably hold an air show inside of it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 18:49   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Had our own little air show yesterday ... an RCAF C-17 heavy lifter flying fairly low, probably on its approach to CFB Trenton. Impressive. That's one big mother [deleted]er of a plane. You could probably hold an air show inside of it.
You wouldn't chuckle, we saw one flying low level over the Autobahn the other month as we were travelling back from Bayern, I was driving at the time so couldn't get any pics.
Old 29-04-2015, 13:54   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You wouldn't chuckle, we saw one flying low level over the Autobahn the other month as we were travelling back from Bayern, I was driving at the time so couldn't get any pics.
I didn't get any pics either ... just too lazy to get off my ass and get my camera.

But there is a decent pic on CBC's site:

Nepal earthquake: C-17 transport plane arrives in Kathmandu - World - CBC News

The second plane they mention is probably the one I saw.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 16:19   #22
Senior Member+

The Lancaster Bomber experienced an in-flight fire today when the starboard outer engine caught fire during preparation for Saturday's VE Memorial Fly Past.
The aircraft landed safely and all the crew were uninjured. The extent of the damage is not yet known but it will be some time before the aircraft will be airworthy again. Sad day.
Old 25-06-2015, 10:48   #23
I am Banned

Judging by the response to this iconic Avro aircraft's appearances so far this year it should be a sellout so get your tickets early! This will sadly be its last year of flying as the successors to Avro and Bristol Siddeley, BAE Systems and Rolls Royce will no longer be able to support it technically. show less

The Vulcan - Wales National Air Show
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 22:21   #24
Senior Member+

A few weeks ago I saw a poster for some sort of show in Padiham this weekend, supposedly with a Spitfire fly past. Checked the BBMF web site and there is nothing anywhere near this weekend. So I have attached a pretty special photograph of one of 303 Polish Squadron who had one hell of a record in the B of B.Spitfire 303 Squadron (Polish).jpg
Old 24-06-2016, 06:15   #25
Senior Member+

Air Shows - 2015

Might have a look over
http://m.burnleyexpress.net/news/loc...940s-1-7978298
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 06:36   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Thanks G, I will check the BBMF schedules again later today. When I did check there was nothing anywhere near us. If I can get the route it will help decide where the best viewpoint should be.
Old 24-06-2016, 14:46   #27
Full Member+

There should be a Spitfire over on Sunday about 2pm. It was actually booked by a member of the Hapton Heritage group for our Festival which we were originally having this weekend until we realised Padiham had a 'do' on the same date so we altered our date to last weekend. Unfortunately it was not possible to get the Spitfire last week so Padiham have dipped in. The sad thing is they seem to be getting the credit when it was Hapton that booked it.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 23:37   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
There should be a Spitfire over on Sunday about 2pm. It was actually booked by a member of the Hapton Heritage group for our Festival which we were originally having this weekend until we realised Padiham had a 'do' on the same date so we altered our date to last weekend. Unfortunately it was not possible to get the Spitfire last week so Padiham have dipped in. The sad thing is they seem to be getting the credit when it was Hapton that booked it.
Any idea of the route the a/c will take? I haven't been able to find any details.
Old 25-06-2016, 13:31   #29
Full Member+

No sorry Barrie. I only know it was booked be coming over Hapton . I will see if the bloke who booked it knows and let you know.
Old 25-06-2016, 14:01   #30
Full Member+

I have spoken to Steve who booked the Spitfire but he handed the paper work to Padiham when Hapton changed their Festival date and he cannot remember if their was a flight plan on . I would imagine the top of Black Hill between Padiham and Sabden might be a good vantage point or from the Burnley Road at Hapton near Hapton Inn looking down towards Padiham. You can see a long way all around from there. Hope you manage to see it and get some pictures. If you should get a good photo I wonder if you would be good enough to email on to Hapton Heritage via [email protected] . Good Luck

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..