Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2008, 21:47   #1
God Member

Camelot......

Never been before, even as a kid but today for the first time we went with some friends and.......................well what a dump, over flowing bins, run down rides,buildings in disrepair, car park was just waste ground....and for this we were charged £19 for the pleasure (even for a 5yr old) Oh and i forgot to mention the over priced junk food on offer and £2.50 to park.....luckily for us the company was great......my advice...avoid at all costs..... The place should be levelled and a nature reserve should be built in its place.........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2008, 21:48   #2
God Member

Re: Camelot......

I didn't know it was still open.

I'm sure I heard on the news a while back that it was closing.
Old 30-08-2008, 21:48   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks for that, know not to bother taking the boys then

(Thats saved me a few quid lol)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 21:49   #4
God Member

there was some talk of it being closed down a couple of years ago, i thought it had gone already
Old 30-08-2008, 21:50   #5
God Member

lol.....LILLY STOP IT
Old 30-08-2008, 21:51   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol.....LILLY STOP IT
Haha....we're thinking the same thing again!
Old 30-08-2008, 21:52   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Haha....we're thinking the same thing again!

pmsfl, i know
Old 30-08-2008, 21:55   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I didn't know it was still open.

I'm sure I heard on the news a while back that it was closing.

With the looks of it , i`d say it wants closing..somebody was killed on a ride a few years back and i thought it shut down then.......but alas no its a real hole.........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 22:13   #9
Senior Member+

I used to love camelot when i was little.... its a shame they let it get like that

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 22:23   #10
God Member

Closure
It is believed Camelot may close in the coming years, due to dropping attendance figures and lack of income. There are plans from current owners, Prime Resorts, to obtain planning permission for a new housing and leisure development.[8] Currently, the park owners deny any chance of closure in the near future, stating that the park is taking on major new projects, such as the new roller coaster 'Knightmare'.[9] It is therefore reasonable to assume that Camelot's future is dependent upon how it fares for the next few seasons, and it is expected that if visitor numbers start to rise, then more investment will follow and its future will be safeguarded

Camelot Theme Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 30-08-2008, 22:24   #11
God Member

Accidents
On 22 October 2001, a park employee was struck by The Gauntlet roller coaster and was killed.[1] The park was fined £40,000 as the park had no written safety procedures for its staff.[2]
On 18 April 2004, a boy was hit by a bus in the theme park's car park and was killed.[3] The driver was charged with death by dangerous driving,[4] the case was later dropped due to legal arguments.
Old 30-08-2008, 22:28   #12
Senior Member+

thanks flashy.... seems like all the best rides have gone anyway..
Lolly went recently as well wonder if she'd been before and could say whats changed?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 01:35   #13
Loz

Such a shame its like that now.
Loved going when i was a kid,happy memories pity its in the state it is now.
Old 23-07-2011, 21:47   #14
Bee
I am Banned

Camelot closed a few years ago, but is now up running.

It should be replaced with a Disneyland, Camelot is RUBBISH!.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 21:58   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
It should be replaced with a Disneyland, !.
THey would probably need to demolish Leyland & Preston to create a big enough area.

Come to think of it, it's not a bad idea

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..