Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2012, 06:48   #1
Senior Member+

Classic Cars event

Hi, there is a Classic Car event at Clitheroe Castle on Sat 28th July, between 11.00am - 3.30pm. Also, Colonel Charles Gray talking about his involvement with Bond cars.

Should be a pleasant day out in lovely surroundings. especially if its a sunny day.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2012, 07:46   #2
God Member

Re: Classic Cars event

thanks for this, If I'm not at the caravan we will probably pop along

Ian

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 20:38   #3
God Member

How do you guys over there define "classic"? Is it merely the age of a vehicle? Or does it have to be of a particularly rare type? My Caddy is 23 years old, and in two years it will be defined as "classic". My buddy and I are working on a '49 Ford coupe, which is classed as "historic", and it has that designation on the plate. Just interested is all.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 21:08   #4

I think as an Accy web analogy. Less would be classic where Jaysay would seem more historic. :hid ewall:
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 21:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
How do you guys over there define "classic"? Is it merely the age of a vehicle? Or does it have to be of a particularly rare type? My Caddy is 23 years old, and in two years it will be defined as "classic". My buddy and I are working on a '49 Ford coupe, which is classed as "historic", and it has that designation on the plate. Just interested is all.
I will go for the age of the vehicle,50`s to late 70`s is about right for me.

Your Caddy on E Bay could get described as classic now and some punter would probably fall for it,but hey you can you sell **** on E bay.

Historic Eric? Never heard of that over here.
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 21:59   #6
Resting In Peace

FYI from Wikipedia:

There is no fixed definition of a classic car. Two taxation issues do impact however, leading to some people using them as cutoff dates. All cars built before January 1, 1973, are exempted from paying the annual road tax vehicle excise duty. This is then entered on the license disc displayed on the windscreen as "historic vehicle" (if a car built before this date has been first registered in 1973 or later, then its build date would have to be verified by a recognized body such as British Motor Heritage Foundation to claim tax free status). The HM Revenue & Customs define a classic car for company taxation purposes as being over 15 years old and having a value in excess of Ł15,000.
Old 18-07-2012, 22:15   #7
God Member

Ok ... thanx ... I think I get the picture.
Old 18-07-2012, 23:46   #9
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1342655000

Doesn't look like much now; but this is a classic. Unfortunately not original. The motor was shot; so, it now has a 350 small block Chevvy motor in it. All the gauges are replica too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004 - Copy.jpg (554.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 19-07-2012, 11:12   #10
God Member

Cute car -never really appreciated classic cars till I went to a rally the other year with friends. ( put some photos of it on the Today in Pics thread a while back)

They take a lot of time to restore and keep in tip-top condition and it's quite a walk down memory lane to see some of them. We used to have a little red mini clubman -my all-time fave car.

After the mini mum & dad got an Austin Allegro - it was orange and we hated it -they called it "the flying wedge" in the ads because of it's shape - it didn't last long but our mini days were over...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 00:46   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Eric ,i used to have a 84 capri and used to go to a few classic showsand park up with the general public ,till one time i got flagged in free of charge ,i went to quite a few shows after that !!
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 02:36   #12
Senior Member+

Polite reminder - Classic Car event at Clitheroe Castle on Sat 28th July, between 11.00am - 3.30pm
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 09:04   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I think as an Accy web analogy. Less would be classic where Jaysay would seem more historic. :hid ewall:
The walls not big enough Alan
Old 28-07-2012, 10:04   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The walls not big enough Alan
I creased myself when I read his comment, a classic/historical coffee over the keyboard moment, karma has been sent.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 23:17   #15

I have some pics of this but it won't let me post them ?;(
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..