Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2013, 15:23   #1
God Member

Error in paper

For some reason the Accrington Observer has a listing of 'the loves of Cass McGuire' at the Civic tonight, tomorrow and next Thursday. I have no idea what this show is nor do I understand why it's listed for our venue. It is definitely NOT at the Civic.

I've spoken to the Observer and they say it is human error so I'm just trying to get the word out in case anyone had seen it and was interested in coming.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2013, 18:59   #2
I am Banned

Re: Error in paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
For some reason the Accrington Observer has a listing of 'the loves of Cass McGuire' at the Civic tonight, tomorrow and next Thursday. I have no idea what this show is nor do I understand why it's listed for our venue. It is definitely NOT at the Civic.

I've spoken to the Observer and they say it is human error so I'm just trying to get the word out in case anyone had seen it and was interested in coming.
Thats nowt fresh for the Observer, according to them there was a family history session on last week at the library, when I arrived and asked, they were slighly amazed, a lady who had just gone down in the lift had asked about the same thing, they thought she had some how got things mixed up.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 15:27   #3
God Member

Oh, and on reading further in the What's On page I discover that there was supposedly a robot making workshop at our place today - there wasn't any such workshop scheduled it was another error.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 16:06   #4
Senior Member+

Was it not in Manchester somewhere as our local paper is not local anymore and hasn't been for a long time .I stopped buying it when it was printed in Manchester
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 16:45   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Was it not in Manchester somewhere as our local paper is not local anymore and hasn't been for a long time .I stopped buying it when it was printed in Manchester
Do you buy and papers? I don't think any are printed in Accrington.
Old 23-02-2013, 23:29   #6

On page 2 there is a small section headed "Corrections and clarifications". It says, "If we do slip up, we promise to set the record straight on this page in a clear, no-nonsense manner." I think if they are publishing wrong information in "What's On" they should be asked to issue a correction the week after and apologise to anyone who tried to attend the advertised event. I know two people who were all set to go the Civic tonight. If I hadn't happened to mention to them that Gayle had put a message on Facebook they would have wasted their time walking down to the theatre - not good!
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 15:39   #7
Full Member+

Getting fed up buying the Observer, same old rubbish every week. If you get the Telegraph you have already read most of it anyway. At 60 p. It seems a bit steep for recycled news.
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..