Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2011, 11:45   #1
Senior Member+

Full English

Hi

Me and a couple of the Lads are going downtown Saturday morning to get a good brecky down us before a full day of drinking the ale and then football ! There'll be about ten of us , where's the best place in accrington do you think then to get a full English ?!

Cheers !
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2011, 11:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Full English

Gobiners Cafe in Ossy.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 12:10   #3
God Member

Annies in the Arcade is a superb breakfast and very good value too.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 15:42   #4
God Member

Or. If you don't mind going out of town then try the all you can eat breakfast buffet at the Gamecock. Excellent value and very tasty, served from 8am till 11am.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 19:20   #5
Senior Member+

I would say Annies cafe aswell in the arcade
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 20:04   #6

Surely under European law it's now called "The Organic Breakfast Of No Particular Country, Race, or Religion".
Old 20-04-2011, 20:17   #7
Give, give, give member

We have salmonella wandering the streets.

It's too dangerous for you here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:02   #8

Victoria cafe, nuttall st/factory bottoms, good food & good value
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 10:16   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Hi

Me and a couple of the Lads are going downtown Saturday morning to get a good brecky down us before a full day of drinking the ale and then football ! There'll be about ten of us , where's the best place in accrington do you think then to get a full English ?!

Cheers !

either calder for a breakfast or for something a little nicer maybe lily maes...xx

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 11:38   #10

Over coffee is good - and half price if you get a http://www.tastecard.co.uk/trial/bannertry
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 20:03   #11

Calder every time.

Was up in Accrington from London for the football at the end of March, and using the recommendations on this thread beforehand, decided on Annies ahead of the Calder.

They wouldn't scramble my egg (it HAD to be fried) and when I asked if I could have extra beans instead of tomato, they said I'd be charged extra.

Not really what you want to hear when you've travelled 250 miles to eat there, especially as neither request was unreasonable.

I decided to stay but the breakfast was nothing special, and didn't like the snooty vibe about the place, as if they're doing you a favour - even ignoring me when I thanked them as I left.

So having left unimpressed and underfed, I headed back to the Calder, where their full English was cheaper, warmer, bigger, better quality and served with a smile - they were happy to serve a scrambled egg and also made it clear that it was no problem that I'd ordered only a few minutes before they stopped serving breakfast.

Proper customer service at the Calder and looking forward to going back there in January.
MikeDons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 22:24   #12
Super Moderator

A good full English to be had at the little cafe next to the newagents on the bus station...and the lass who serves 'em up is a Stanley fan, a Clayton Ender no less!
Old 23-06-2012, 22:42   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
A good full English to be had at the little cafe next to the newagents on the bus station...and the lass who serves 'em up is a Stanley fan, a Clayton Ender no less!
I pop in yon a couple of times a week fer me morning snap, Damn good n cheapest in town.
Old 24-06-2012, 08:33   #14
God Member

Would give anything to have a full english right now -having just read this thread!

Where is the Calder that Mike mentions? For when I next come over...

They do a really good full english with endless variations at Paddy McGinty's over in the village where my mum lives in Tenerife. 4euros 50 including orange juice and tea or coffee!

I think one of the best fry-ups I've ever had though was cooked by friend Charlotte's husband Allen in Belfast when I was over visiting. They called it an "Ulster fry" and it had just about everything and anything in it...have found the attached photo in the link, but the one i had had more in it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rutty/228062570/

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 09:44   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Would give anything to have a full english right now -having just read this thread!

Where is the Calder that Mike mentions? For when I next come over...

They do a really good full english with endless variations at Paddy McGinty's over in the village where my mum lives in Tenerife. 4euros 50 including orange juice and tea or coffee!

I think one of the best fry-ups I've ever had though was cooked by friend Charlotte's husband Allen in Belfast when I was over visiting. They called it an "Ulster fry" and it had just about everything and anything in it...have found the attached photo in the link, but the one i had had more in it!
Ulster Fry | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Shall be sitting down to one in about an hour, we always have a late breakfast on sunday, but its the best meal of the week, easy on the black pudding

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..