Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2011, 12:59   #1

Grandmaster flash live in accrington

Hi people, Now this may not be for some of you however for the older generation out their this maybe something that you may want to see.

I have booked Grandmaster Flash to DJ live at Level One, Grandmaster had a huge number of hits in the 80s with The Message, White Lines, Wokred with Blondie on her hits as well back in the day.

He has collabarated with some of the biggest names in the buisness, and in 2012 he will be receiving a grammy for his contribution to music and also going in the grammy hall of fame.

He is performing live at Level One on Saturday 4th February 2012, He will be on stage at 9.30pm till 11.30pm, we did it early so people can come in at 8pm have a good night with friends and then go home early doors if they like.

Tickets are £10.00 from the club, we have already sold over 100 so far and thats mainly to the shifters reunion people, so be great to see some of you down, This is a really big thing for the town as not many grammy award winning artistes appear in the town so i think its something to be proud for the town that we managed to get him to Accrington.

If it not your thing no worries but please dont turn this into one of those do everything down threads which happens at times.

If you want a ticket please let me know
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2011, 13:05   #2
God Member

Re: Grandmaster flash live in accrington

There is a forum section where this should be put
Nightlife, Events, Days out - Accrington Web

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 13:12   #3
God Member

Cool! For those who've forgotten:

Wonder what he's like 30 yrs on...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 13:44   #4

Old 13-12-2011, 14:26   #5
I am Banned

That is a good coup Leon...well done
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 15:04   #6
God Member

No wonder the town is going down hill fast when this sort of garbage becomes a main attraction.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 16:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
No wonder the town is going down hill fast when this sort of garbage becomes a main attraction.
See this is what i dont get, Grammy award winning artist the guy changed the face of DJing and invented the cue button on all mixing desks used world wide for years and known as the king of hip hop and its deemed garbage.... My point on the post when i started lets not turn this into another do the town scenario, within what 4 posts there it is.

Just frustrates me that when so much effort is put in getting these people into the town a famous name theres always someone waiting to do it down, you know what the problem is too many people doing their own town down and not being proud of it thats the problem
Old 13-12-2011, 16:36   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
See this is what i dont get, Grammy award winning artist the guy changed the face of DJing and invented the cue button on all mixing desks used world wide for years and known as the king of hip hop and its deemed garbage.... My point on the post when i started lets not turn this into another do the town scenario, within what 4 posts there it is.

Just frustrates me that when so much effort is put in getting these people into the town a famous name theres always someone waiting to do it down, you know what the problem is too many people doing their own town down and not being proud of it thats the problem
It's not that it's just not something I would cross the road to see. Each to his own.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:44   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post

Just frustrates me that when so much effort is put in getting these people into the town a famous name there's always someone waiting to do it down, you know what the problem is too many people doing their own town down and not being proud of it that's the problem
Just ignore Tealeaf he goes way eventually, when he's annoyed enough people
Old 13-12-2011, 17:48   #10
Beacon of light

I think that perhaps most of those who remember this guy will be past clubbing it, and probably into more sedate leisure activities...either that or busy trying to bring up a family..

It wouldn't be to my taste...he didn't float my boat back in the 80's....but I guess if you get some of the young folk interested in the music...after all it will be 'new' to them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:52   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that perhaps most of those who remember this guy will be past clubbing it, and probably into more sedate leisure activities...either that or busy trying to bring up a family..

It wouldn't be to my taste...he didn't float my boat back in the 80's....but I guess if you get some of the young folk interested in the music...after all it will be 'new' to them.
My point exactly Margeret... never heard of him anyway.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 18:26   #12
Beacon of light

I have heard of him, but he was never a favourite of mine.....when he was popular I would have been in my late thirties, I had sort of grown out of pop music(if that is what you want to call it)my interests were invested in other more important things.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 18:34   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have always been interested in music, but that aint my bag at all, nevertheless its still a good coup fer those that like it.
Old 13-12-2011, 18:35   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have heard of him, but he was never a favourite of mine.....when he was popular I would have been in my late thirties, I had sort of grown out of pop music(if that is what you want to call it)my interests were invested in other more important things.
Well Margaret I love music, but I have to say I've never heard of the gadgy, must purvey the kind of music I don't like and as never been on my wavelength
Old 13-12-2011, 18:43   #15
Full Member+

As there's a bit of an 80's revival vibe going on at the moment, I think this gig might do well - plus Mr Flash seems to be an icon in rap circles.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see Fish (former singer with Marillion) in Darwen, the gig was sold out...people came from miles around to see him - I know this because Fish did a kind of Q&A session between songs and by speaking to people after the gig.

I don't like rap music much, but reckon that fans of the genre will flock to see him.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..