Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By derekgas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 10:39   #1
Full Member+

Griffins Head , Huncoat

New landlord Simon and his wife Rachel took over this pub about six weeks ago. The seating been recovered and pub decorated, a much better place than in recent times. Food now being served on Thu ,Fri 12-2.30.then sat Sun 12-6pm I think. Dinned there on Thur and had a delicious home made hot meal ,nothing too much trouble and very reasonably priced , I will be returning sooner than later.Well worth the visit.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2011, 11:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Griffins Head , Huncoat

I'll drink to its success.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 19:07   #3
Senior Member+

The Britannia on Haslingden Old Road has been taken over by a new landlord a week since. Me and the missus went on Wednesday night.They have quite a varied menu. It was quiet when we went.As they only took over a week since they have not got any Christmas partys booked so anyony looking give them a try.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 21:23   #4

I went to the Griffin for lunch the week before Christmas, having been told it had been taken over recently. Neither me nor my partner were impressed and won't go again. The menu was identical to the previous one and I personally find the place to be very impersonal, soul less and not very welcoming. The food was ok/average but you can get better in more pleasant surroundings elsewhere. I wouldn't want to go again.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 16:13   #5
Full Member+

Thats a shame . I know for a fact it is definately a different menu as there is a much smaller choice than previous landlords have had, as everything is made fresh on the premises. I have been the once and found it delicious , and am going again this week .
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 17:54   #6
God Member

As this is my local I frequent the Griffins Head about once a week, i have dined there a few times and always enjoyed the food, it is freshly cooked and they have seasonal menus, the spring menu will make an appearance in the spring obviously, Simon and Rachel are nice people and very willing to listen and to try new things, it is always busy and especially with diners, being a regular I have noticed that many people return regularly to eat there.
wadey likes this.
Old 01-01-2012, 20:11   #7

Perhaps I was being a bit judgemental I must say the food was nice, and the lovely Tyrone behind the bar is always a pleasure to see!
Old 22-03-2012, 19:59   #8

Never been before but had heard good reports so we decided to give it a try.
Four of us went and thoroughly enjoyed various starters, mains and desserts. All meals good portions, very well presented. Hopefully it won't be too long before we return.
EGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 18:52   #9

We went for lunch on Saturday and I must say it was lovely. It was a new spring menu and we both really enjoyed our meals, we will definitely go again in the near future.
It was a big pity that we were the only people dining (it was about 1pm so it may get busier later on).
I recommend a visit there!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..