Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Atarah
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2013, 00:45   #1
Senior Member+

Heritage weekend 12th - 15th sept 2013

Unfortunately, once again, it does NOT look as though Hyndburn has anything to offer for Heritage Weekend - (correct me though if I am wrong) so ... the next best thing is the BURNLEY area. They have the most WONDERFUL events planned. In particular you should try Towneley Hall. I went last year and its absolutely marvellous. In a strange sort of way I even fancy the Crematorium - which is being opened to the public. http://visitburnley.com/wordpress/wp...ys2013_Web.pdf
http://visitburnley.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/08/REDU_TIC_HeritageOpenDays2013

Do scroll down to the bottom of the site, as it does give much more detail about the events planned.
Judith Addison likes this.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2013, 06:02   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Heritage weekend 12th - 15th sept 2013

Sounds very interesting Atarah, as well as funny= The Trophy Room @ Burnley F.C. which should take all of 10 seconds. Will try n get oer fer some of those.
Old 21-08-2013, 23:23   #3

Gawthorpe Hall at Padiham is holding its Heritage Open Day on Saturday 14th September from 12 noon till 5 pm. Free admission to all visitors. Victorian kitchen also open.

Also on 21st and 22nd September - 17th Century Weekend, open from 12 noon till 4 pm. Meet the 17th Century household to find out what life was like at the Hall in the 1630s - and visit the kitchen to see how the food was prepared. Normal admission charges apply - £4 adult, accompanied children free.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 06:19   #4
Senior Member+

Another interesting event on 14th September is the large Family History Fair in King George's Hall, Blackburn. It is being arranged by all the societies in the North West. Over here in Blackpool, there are events on over the whole of the weekend. I am going on a tour of Layton Cemetery on Friday 13th.I'm not bothered how long it takes, as, if I get locked in,- I have a skeleton key.
Judith Addison likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..