Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 23:10   #1
Junior Member+

hope & ancher pub

Just moved back to Accy after a year away & noticed on a queit night out that one of my fave pubs was shut... Anyone know whats happening there? or which company own the building? thanks
shoxti is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2010, 09:49   #2
Full Member+

Re: hope & ancher pub

It shut a couple of weeks back. Apparently there was a guy changing the locks for the brewery who said the landlord had "done a runner". My band was due to play there on the 5th and this is not the first time we've had to cancel gigs due to pubs closing....a sad state of affairs with the pub trade at the moment. A pity cos the Hope & Anchor was one of my fave venues.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 21:29   #3
Junior Member+

Re: hope & ancher pub

Hope and Anchor has re-opened now with new owners. Still a top venue, just a shame about the last folk who were there.
theblackdogpub is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..