Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 15:44   #1
Full Member+

Kate Rusby @ Ossy Civic Theatre

Tickets going fast, another sell out. Sunday 11th May
Kate Rusby - The Official Website
Old 01-03-2008, 16:47   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Kate Rusby @ Ossy Civic Theatre

An original artist?

Not a licky-likey?

Way to go!

Thanks for the info.

Though I do think artists that have websites that don't let you listen to their music, must miss out on widening their fan base.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 16:50   #3
Give, give, give member

Just checked, and there's more than a taste of this young lady's music on YouTube.

Really good.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 18:48   #4
God Member

Can recommend her - went to see her last time she was at the theatre and had a great night out.

Probably won't be going again because it was only a short while ago that she was there but would definitely suggest anyone who didn't get chance to see her last time goes.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 21:05   #5
Member.

She did some tracks with John Tams on Sharpe. Yorkshire born, excellent folk singer and if I can work it around the business and still get tickets I'm going..........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 17:32   #6
Full Member+

The Barnsley Nightingale is on My Music on Channel 5 tomorrow, Sunday 13th April at 11:00 am. Set your videos, folks
Old 12-04-2008, 19:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

reminds me of someone whose name escapes me at the moment,not bad at all.
Old 16-04-2008, 13:36   #8

I was just wondering whether anyone local had seen this gig and what they thought?

I'm a big fan of Kate's past work and have seen her live a number of times. Ordinarily (assuming you like folk music) she is sublime - absolute perfection and well worth whatever you pay for the ticket.

Last time I saw her, however, we were a little disappointed. John McCusker has left the band and his replacement, IMO, just didn't cut the mustard. Andy's Cutting & Seward were great as usual but Kate seemed to have a bit of a sore throat - kept coughing and appeared to struggle to deliver some of the higher notes.

My other half told me I was just being over critical but if you've seen Kate and the band really on song then you'll know why I was disappointed with what felt like a humdrum opening-few-nights-of-the-tour experience.

Won't stop me seeing her again though - would strongly recommend any fans or potential fans get tickets for the Cawthorne concerts. It's a sort of home fixture for Kate and always seems to be a special one!
amateur_shrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..