Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12   #1
I am Banned

Opium

What a joke the sound system was no where near a 1million pound system for one (i know this because one of my best mates installed it and he started lafing when he read the article)

For two he was never going to open opium as conversations with people i know have indicated that

For three he is living abroad (can't remember name of place but why would he come back)

For four this is just a publisity stunt as the insurance have not payed him out and he is taking the insurance company to court so he will need backing from people

Four five never leave fire works in your club

But i don t believe what the a*se holes did is right (people who have broken in) because it isnt and the sooner they are caught the better
DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28   #2
God Member

Re: Opium

What on earth are you talking about ???
Old 07-12-2006, 08:58   #3
I am Banned

sorry article in accrington observer
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...y_vandals.html
Old 07-12-2006, 08:59   #4
God Member

Right.. now your post makes a little more sense
Old 07-12-2006, 11:10   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY View Post
What a joke the sound system was no where near a 1million pound system for one (i know this because one of my best mates installed it and he started lafing when he read the article)

For two he was never going to open opium as conversations with people i know have indicated that

For three he is living abroad (can't remember name of place but why would he come back)

For four this is just a publisity stunt as the insurance have not payed him out and he is taking the insurance company to court so he will need backing from people

Four five never leave fire works in your club

But i don t believe what the a*se holes did is right (people who have broken in) because it isnt and the sooner they are caught the better
For once i actually agree with you.

If it's rumours we're talking about ................ what's happening about the Industry take over?

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56   #6
I am Banned

peck takes over from mucky and taz and has bought the buisinees for a fee

peck rents the building of taz and muckey for a fee they have agreed

peck takes over next year
Old 07-12-2006, 11:59   #7
I am Banned

you kno michalla hu works at baileys hu use to work at industry accy jay
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY View Post
peck takes over from mucky and taz and has bought the buisinees for a fee

peck rents the building of taz and muckey for a fee they have agreed

peck takes over next year
How does Peck afford the £250,000 for the business?

Old 07-12-2006, 12:01   #9
I am Banned

na its no where near that

hes borrowed it of girlfriends mum
ol
Old 07-12-2006, 12:06   #10
Junior Member+

DJ Funky slagging off Mick and the Opium sounds like sour grapes to me - Voodoo/Opium was the best thing that had happened to Accy in a long time. Only been to Industry once but it wasn't very good - we ended up going across to the Bridge.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:10   #11
I am Banned

na im not slagging them of i know it was the best club in accrington but please dont go in papers and start bulling about stuff thats not going to happen and thing that simply arnt true i have respect for the man as the club in the forfront of the town and i hope it comes back but i dont want him saying stuff that isnt true so he can get his insurance money
Old 07-12-2006, 12:12   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
DJ Funky slagging off Mick and the Opium sounds like sour grapes to me - Voodoo/Opium was the best thing that had happened to Accy in a long time. Only been to Industry once but it wasn't very good - we ended up going across to the Bridge.
Have you heard the rumours or read the story in the Observer? If i had a million pounds worth of stereo equuipment, it certainly wouldn't have been left in a fire damaged building.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:17   #13
I am Banned

no insurance say nothing can be moved in or out of the club until the claim is settled but my good friend DJ RICKY hu d jed there for bit wired the system up and he sed it was in the reagion of 100 thousand pound slight exzaduration
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18   #14
Junior Member+

Ok DJ- I'll take that back. I don't understand what the people of Accy can do to help him with his insurance claim so I dont really understand the purpose of the article in the first place.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:23   #15
I am Banned

if he gets the peoples support to reopen it puts pressure on the insurance to pay him out, he has gone round with pertitions and gone to the media to just put pressure on the insurance and judge when it goes to court very clever

but he is putting thoughts into peoples minds at the same time that it will reopen but i know now for a fact that the place is an absolute mess inside and would cost a fortune to reopen

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..