Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 09:28   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Parkinson's Disease Society new local group

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I have filled it in Garinda ... and just one remark from Cashy, Accyman, Neil, Jaysay, Mick and others (all men you notice) about the state of my grey matter.... will issue a red karma point ....

Think the problem is that lots of people think that your soul may be embedded in your brain .. I don't believe any of this of course. As a remark today on the radio .. 'The self is very hard to define, particularly when people suffer from dementia and alzheimers' .. where has the self gone then ?

Better to have some bright young scientist cutting you up into interesting sections than being frizzled or rotting under the earth.. brrrrr.
Threts are not nice coming from a Goddess kate
Old 21-04-2009, 11:38   #47
Give, give, give member

Hopefully be on Granada Reports tonight, unless a more worthy news story comes along.

Plugged the new support group here in Hyndburn/Ribble Valley, which I hope they'll show.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 16:08   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Hopefully be on Granada Reports tonight, unless a more worthy news story comes along.

Plugged the new support group here in Hyndburn/Ribble Valley, which I hope they'll show.
Glad you mentioned that Rindi don't usually watch Granada Reports as I'm usually watching Eggheads, I'll set Sky + and keep it for posterity
Old 21-04-2009, 16:37   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm usually watching Eggheads
Me too.

Old 21-04-2009, 17:19   #50
God Member

Quote:

Just watched it, well done you
Old 21-04-2009, 17:21   #51
God Member

Yes, absolutely, well done to you. You came across really well and got the points across.

It's quite hard to stand up and be counted on any issue but it's important to get these things out in the open.

Well done.

Any hey - I got my email read out!!!! Whoohooo.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 21-04-2009 at 17:30.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:39   #52
Senior Member+

Only just seen these latest posts so i'm afraid i missed the programme, however i did see Jane Asher on BBC Morning News yesterday. I notice both she and Jeremy Paxman have donated their Brains, and i must admit this is something i am going to consider very seriously, i guess its not something you jump into, but its a subject and illness very close to my heart, as my Father who died last year, suffered from Parkinsons for many years and i was his carer, and i know the effects that the illness can have and that also its one of those illnesses that whilst always being talked about as being on the cusp of a major breakthrough, is not widely understood, both by the general public, and indeed the medical profession as well. Dads experience in hospital is not something i would like to see many others have to endure. We've always given to the PDS, indeed we had donations for them at Dads Funeral instead of flowers, as i know this is what he would have wanted. So it does feel right to me to be able to help research by Brain donation, and i'm pretty sure i'm going to sign up for this.

On a side issue Gary, i never realised that you used to work in Savile Row. I was watching a series of progs recently on freeview about Savile Row, and it was really interesting indeed. Fascinating history, and full of characters!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:39   #53
God Member

Well Done Rindy love. I think you came across really well. (oh and that brew looked good too)
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 17:45   #54
Give, give, give member

Thanks, I tried my best, and feel I've done my bit to raise awareness this week.

They were here for over an hour, and they didn't broadcast the bits I'd have chosen to show, things that are important to me, like the positive breakthroughs that are happening all the time in medicine, but I suppose that's just the control freak in me, and I should be happy with any publicity that raises awareness.

Off to start dieting now.

Old 21-04-2009, 17:49   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

On a side issue Gary, i never realised that you used to work in Savile Row. I was watching a series of progs recently on freeview about Savile Row, and it was really interesting indeed. Fascinating history, and full of characters!

Best Regards - Taggy
They keep saying tailors, which you're right, they are all in and around Saville Row. I was actually creative director for a shirt makers, the only one which is still privately owned, all of whom are based at the other side of Piccadilly in Jermyn Street.

Old 21-04-2009, 18:03   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
They keep saying tailors, which you're right, they are all in and around Saville Row. I was actually creative director for a shirt makers, the only one which is still privately owned, all of whom are based at the other side of Piccadilly in Jermyn Street.
....near my favourite Cheese shop Gary...Paxton and Whitfield!!! Lovely, Lovely can smell it now!!...Magpie preferred the smell at Floris, just up the street!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 18:21   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thanks, I tried my best, and feel I've done my bit to raise awareness this week.

They were here for over an hour, and they didn't broadcast the bits I'd have chosen to show, things that are important to me, like the positive breakthroughs that are happening all the time in medicine, but I suppose that's just the control freak in me, and I should be happy with any publicity that raises awareness.

Off to start dieting now.
watched it thought ya did a great job in a limited time, use that control freak in ya mate n try fer a documentary, if ya could get one of them it should really help ya raise awareness.
Old 21-04-2009, 20:57   #58
God Member

Ah gee! I read this post and forgot all about it at 6. Do ITV do regional catchups?
Old 21-04-2009, 21:08   #59
God Member

damn I missed it due to still being at work...did they say it would be repeated after the 10 o'clock news??

Was there any mention that you used to frequent the underside of bridges in glasgow, never mind the shirt makers on saville row

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 21:14   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Ah gee! I read this post and forgot all about it at 6. Do ITV do regional catchups?
Have recorded it on my PCTV .. but don't think I can pull it out ?

Tried with some snapshots, but goes into this file, and again struggling to convert on to here.

Well done Garinda, proud of ya' .. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..