Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17   #1

Talking People of Accrington we need your help....

Hi Everybody, thanks for taking the time to read our thread? My sister and I are trying to raise money for Leukeamia CARE, a charity that provides vital care and support to all those whose lives are affected by Leukaemia. On Sunday 30th September 2007 we are running the Great North Run a 13.1 mile half marathon through Newcastle. We have pledged to raise £600 but are struggling to round up sponsors. If anyone would like to sponsor us you can visit our secure official webpage by clicking the link below, also if any local companies would like to contribute we would be more than happy to promote their company as much as we could through local press, internet and not to mention the 50,000 plus runners, their families and national TV footage.
PLEASE help us raise money for the sufferers of this horrendous illness, 13 miles is nothing to the pain and suffering they endure on a daily basis. Every Penny Counts!
We'll do the hard work so you dont have to

Justgiving - Great North Run 2007

Many thanks for reading

Dana & Nadine x
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2007, 11:21   #2
God Member

Re: People of Accrington we need your help....

have you tried local firms? they might sponsor you....its worth writing to them or emailing them
Old 10-08-2007, 12:00   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
have you tried local firms? they might sponsor you....its worth writing to them or emailing them
Hi ya, yes we've tried that. We've written to about 20 local firms in total so far and had one £20 response which is great.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01   #4
God Member

Good luck with it girls.. I know ya been training for ages for this.. I have forwarded the story to accy stanley to see if they will run it..seeing as yer in yer stanley tops on the picture

Even if ya did blank my message about wycombe Nadeeen
Old 10-08-2007, 12:32   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Good luck with it girls.. I know ya been training for ages for this.. I have forwarded the story to accy stanley to see if they will run it..seeing as yer in yer stanley tops on the picture

Even if ya did blank my message about wycombe Nadeeen

Oh sorry Tony, I completely forgot about that, the match seemed so far off at the time that I thought i'd reply nearer the time, can't belive it's tomorrow!! Couldn't come anyway i'm away with work!! Typical Eh? Miss Tuesday night as well I shall go on myspace now and write you a nice message!!

P.s Thanks for forwarding my story, I will run it dressed as the eagle if it means raising more dosh lol...Your a star
Old 10-08-2007, 13:19   #6
God Member

Its front page news on the accy site now.. Good one Lee
Old 10-08-2007, 13:27   #7

I think this is brilliant and would love to sponser you, How much have you raised so far??? and how do i go about sponsering.

I would pay to see you run it as the Eagle LOL what a good idea, Have you wrote to them and suggested the idea??? that would be brilliant publicity!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 15:50   #8

Thank you - You can sponsor me online at Justgiving - Great North Run 2007 It is a secure online website where you can make a payment. Also you could send a cheque payable to Leukeamia CARE to the following address:

Nadine Williams
42 Station Road
Huncoat
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 6LS

Raised about 100 pound so far....only 500 to go!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..