Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 12:03   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: pop club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
also the "Dappers" they were in.
Ya cashy I think the Sundowners came whilst they were still at school, well Franny was, he was in my class at the Holy Farm. I think the name change came after the school years. They were going at the same time as the Warriors, Mark Day and the Nights The J. Turner Four, and a little group who started out around Burnley The Hollies, East Lancs in those days was great for talented local groups
Old 12-04-2008, 14:21   #17
Senior Member+

did they make a come back as a band called
Staw Dogs ?

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 18:08   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
did they make a come back as a band called
Staw Dogs ?
aint sure about that one, but will ask Tommy or Frannie when next i bump into em.
Old 14-04-2008, 09:49   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
aint sure about that one, but will ask Tommy or Frannie when next i bump into em.
Is Frannie back round here? He did move away some years ago, down south somewhere, he was a postie prior to going. In any case I haven't seen him for years, although I do bump into Tommy occasionally, the last time was in the White Bull in Ossy

Last edited by jaysay; 14-04-2008 at 09:50. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 10:34   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is Frannie back round here? He did move away some years ago, down south somewhere, he was a postie prior to going. In any case I haven't seen him for years, although I do bump into Tommy occasionally, the last time was in the White Bull in Ossy
yeh was talking too him a couple of days before we went away, been back at least 20yrs that i know, was one of me groupies in the Plough in shuckies days early 90s.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..