Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2014, 08:09   #1
Junior Member+

Storage Hunters' Jesse McClure to launch Accrington market website

Fans of cult American TV show Storage Hunters are set to meet one of its biggest stars in person when Jesse McClure visits Accrington to launch the Market Hall’s brand new e-commerce website.

From 10am on Saturday 27 September, Jesse will be in town to unveil the site, which features a range of fresh produce and everyday essentials available to buy online and collect or have delivered to your home.

The pilot scheme is the brainchild of Scott Dawson Advertising, the Burnley marketing agency who designed and built the website working in partnership with Hyndburn Council using government funding.

Jesse will challenge Accrington shoppers to a Storage Hunters-style auction inside the award-winning Victorian Market Hall on the day to kick off proceedings.

Budding bidders will go head-to-head against Jesse to predict the value items available to buy inside the Market Hall and online.

Proceeds from the auction will go towards the Mayor’s charity fund.

The website features products from 23 of Accrington’s 70+ stalls, with more stalls to be added regularly now the site is up and running.

Clare Cleary, Hyndburn Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Markets said: “The way we shop is changing so we need to market our wonderful, traditional Market Hall in a modern way that really showcases all the incredible products on offer on our doorstep.

Last edited by Mick; 19-09-2014 at 08:35.
johnSDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2014, 09:06   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Storage Hunters' Jesse McClure to launch Accrington market website

Jesse who?
Old 19-09-2014, 09:13   #3
Senior Member+

Now that's why he was I. Accy!
Old 19-09-2014, 15:39   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hes up Stanley later that day fer the match n crossbar challenge at half time,
Old 19-09-2014, 17:35   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hes up Stanley later that day fer the match n crossbar challenge at half time,
He's a Spam isn't he? He'll be picking the ball up & chucking it!
Old 19-09-2014, 21:03   #6
Senior Member+

he was on soccer am a few months ago and twas wondering what that was all about. I saw on a friends facebook, commenting on another friends facebook that he was on my street. That wouldve been weird opening the door to see him stood there trying to buy mi stuff Haha
Old 24-09-2014, 07:18   #7
Junior Member+

Jesse's also appearing at Accrington Stanley later in the afternoon. Details here:

Jesse to kick off £10k Stanley crossbar challenge

American TV star Jesse McClure is limbering up to kick off a crossbar challenge at Accrington Stanley FC in a bid to help raise £10,000 for the club.

The Californian star of cult show Storage Hunters, which airs on Dave in the UK and attracts millions of worldwide viewers, will make a special guest appearance at ASFC’s clash against Plymouth Argyle on Saturday 27 September at 3pm.

And he’s guaranteed to get a touch of the ball as he kicks off a half-time crossbar challenge, with the club set to receive £10,000 in much-needed funds if Jesse’s shot is on target. The challenge is being sponsored by Burnley marketing agency Scott Dawson Advertising, who have offered to contribute the cash to support the club.

The money raised will be put towards a new van to transport players to training sessions.

Football fan Jesse announced that Accrington Stanley was one of his favourite UK teams during a live appearance on Sky Sport’s Soccer AM earlier this year.

Jesse appeared on the show – proudly wearing a Stanley shirt – alongside former Liverpool player Ian Rush and joked about the famous 1980s milk advert. The appearance came after Jesse helped Stanley shirt and stadium sponsors Store First launch their Preston outlet earlier this year.

Jesse will be in hospitality before the Plymouth game for a VIP meet and greet – tickets are still available at £60 a head – go to Accrington Stanley FC - The Club That Wouldn't DieAccrington Stanley FC - The Club That Wouldn't Die for details on how to buy.

During the match, he’ll join Stanley fans in ramping up support for the side, then following the game he’ll take part in a Q&A session and a Storage Hunters-style auction in the Crown pub.

He said: “I love soccer and I love the people of Accrington so when the club got in touch and asked me to step and try my luck at the crossbar challenge I was only too happy to help.

“It’s gonna be an awesome day and I can’t wait to meet all those loyal Stanley fans in person. Come along and get involved!”

WATCH: Jesse at Stanley:
johnSDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 08:05   #8
Senior Member+

Has this guy been in other programs, I have never seen storage hunters so I don't know of him.
Or heard of him. Sounds like he's a good attraction, for some people.
Old 02-10-2014, 13:36   #9
God Member

nah just a guy who buys peoples left behind stuff in lockers and makes a proffit selling it on

the attraction to shows like this to me is seeing how much things are worth.Its a bit like antiques roadshow but no where near as dull and tedious to watch

i prefer storage wars the longer running show it has more entertaining people in it like daryl and barry wise who got his own spin off show called barry'd treasure

not saying these shows are educational but if i hadnt watched it i wouldnt have known to pick up a clint eastwood cinema poster from the 60's the other week.Origionally i wouldnt have bothered thinking at most a fiver but it turns out its worth around £200 lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 13:40   #10
Beacon of light

These shows are a lot of trash and precious little treasure....and like the Wrestling that Kent Walton presided over......heavily staged(or that is how I see it anyway).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 17:07   #11
God Member

they looked into storage wars after allegations and it isnt fake or staged but theres one called container wars where people buy shipping containers that are seized or unclaimed and that has proven to be staged and fake.

obviously they dont show every auction taht day or the show would be 8 hours long they just show teh best and more interesting lots/lockers with teh best or worst gear in them

in container wars people have posted recordings where one second there were a certain amount of boxes and later in the next shot there were totally different boxes so no investigation needed there they shot themselves in the foot doing bad editing lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 02-10-2014 at 17:10.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 23:05   #12
Senior Member+

I read the Observer article on this Market Hall Website. Can anyone tell me what the object of the website is, and what do they hope to achieve?
Who pays for the website and all the hullabaloo that goes with it - visits (and associated costs) of a "celebrity" from a minor niche US TV show - the costs couldn't possibly come out of Council Funds, could they?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:29   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I read the Observer article on this Market Hall Website. Can anyone tell me what the object of the website is, and what do they hope to achieve?
Who pays for the website and all the hullabaloo that goes with it - visits (and associated costs) of a "celebrity" from a minor niche US TV show - the costs couldn't possibly come out of Council Funds, could they?
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...nd_Collect.pdf
Old 03-10-2014, 15:21   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The address just won't work for me, kills IE straight away, everything else works on IE ???????
Old 03-10-2014, 20:31   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The address just won't work for me, kills IE straight away, everything else works on IE ???????
The basics are
Quote:
Approve a one-off grant of £10,000 to Scott Dawson Advertising Ltd to develop a
website to promote retail in Accrington town centre and to establish and promote a ‘click
& collect service’ located in the Market Hall.
That money is from the High Street Initiative Fund.

It does say to develop a website to promote retail in Accrington town centre and promote the market hall click and collect service. Effectively it's the same thing as the town centre, as far as the council is concerned is bounded by the 4 walls of the market hall

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..