Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2003, 11:27   #16
Resting in Peace

Post Re: 1980'S BOARD

to drunk you mean ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2003, 11:58   #17
Jo

God, where do you start?? what an era!!!

Wham, Bros, Culture Club, Wet Wet Wet ... all those girly groups.
Fame! I wanna live forever.....

Apart from rara skirts and legwarmers, anyone remeber those knee-length cord trousers, pedal pushers??   ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 12:04   #18

i am too young to remember a lot of the 80's, but i know a lot of the songs, i also had an atari.  I remember the a team.  Also eternal flame by the bangles (was that the 80's?  ???)  I love that song, brings bakc a lot of memories.  as i said, bit too young  :-/ , but love the music from back then.
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 13:22   #19

I think you hit the spot there Lettie, no-one had just one fav band everyon liked lots of stuff! and of course there's some of Lar-de's originals on here! didn't it open in 82/83? we used to go on a Thurs night then get up for school the next day! and I think about once a month we used to hit the cats wiskers!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 17:44   #20

its nice to see you all take an interest in the 80's
i enjoyed the new romantic era but i still have a folder full of 80's on my comp that i listen to when i'm a bit peeed off.
if anyone wants to see any pics of the 80's(music,films,tv shows,clothes etc)then let me know and i will post some on here for you!
you never know it may bring back that special memory for you.
jason

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 20:34   #21

superb film starring molly ringwald,emilio estevez & ally sheedy.............if only detention was like that when we was at school.

[edit]attachment deleted - 350k bmp[/edit]

Old 14-10-2003, 21:08   #22
Senior Member+

Did you enjoy st elmo's fire, also starred, ally sheedy.
Old 14-10-2003, 21:13   #23
Junior Member+

i loved the 80's......all the new romantic stuff....great thread jason.....keep up the good work!
any pics of pop bands in their heyday?? omd,erasure,soft cell,depeche mode etc.?
becky hotlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 21:23   #24

st.elmos fire wasn't a bad film but not as good as the breakfast club.
sorting the pics out for you becky!

Old 14-10-2003, 21:30   #25
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Littlemo, have very fond memories of Lar de Dars, and having to get up for school the day after. Was supposed to be for over 25's when it first opened but we always used to get in (I've always looked haggered) :  My dad once caught me up there and went mad [smiley=cursing.gif]

New Era was cool in the early 80's and all the new romantic stuff. Went to see Human League last year, and they are still brilliant. Kim Wilde was playing and Altered Images they were quite good. Dollar, Visage, Belle Stars and 5 Star were also playing, and they were so bad they were funny [smiley=lol.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 21:34   #26

some good bands mentioned there lettie.

early depeche mode pic for becky.....

Old 14-10-2003, 21:35   #27

omd..............

Old 14-10-2003, 21:45   #28
Filthy / Gorgeous

Loved Depeche Mode and OMD, but never got to see them live. Went to see Madness, Squeeze, Soft Cell, Numan, also saw Erasure down at London Docklands but that was in January 1990, so doesn't really count. Love 80's music, but really will listen to anything, have a very varied collection of stuff, ranging from Nat King Cole and Nina Simone to the Manics. I rarely get time to listen to my cd's they mainly gather dust, but would not part with any of them. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 14-10-2003, 21:57   #29

i should be going to bed but what the hell............i listen to allsorts,i was a dj for 13 years(mobile)so i have quite a collection of vinyl and cd's.

Old 14-10-2003, 22:08   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Thought you might have been, as you seem quite knowledgeable about music.  80's will always stick in my mind, as I was becoming old enough to be interested in music, dancing, make - up, and generally loafing about and having a good time. Went to school with a few hangovers, and how I ever passed any exams is beyond me. Will always have a soft spot for 80's music. ;D

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..