Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2003, 22:09   #31
Senior Member+

Post Re: 1980'S BOARD

THAT'S why you are so good at this jason. I have to really think about it , but it's second nature to you.lol ;D
Old 15-10-2003, 05:32   #32

lol........i do have a head start,but this is why i start these boards,for a bit of fun and to test your knowledge...lol
i must admit though i can struggle on the film one! :-/

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 08:51   #33
God Member

The 80's were crap - I slept through it all- if you wanted decent music, proper clothes (i.e. real flares, not like this nonsense the kids wear today) and a good time there was only one place to be  - the '70's.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 10:01   #34
Senior Member+

I have to say that the sixties was the best era, only a lot of you are to young to remember it unlike me.
Old 15-10-2003, 13:25   #35
Senior Member+

Got to like Paul young in the 80's.Before it was all heavy rock.Deep purple and Rainbow and the likes.must have started getting mellow in the 80's. LOL! Left Blighty in 1982 to make my way in Europe.Will admit one thing though.Wherever you get on the continent its English speaking groups that make the top 5 all the time.
Old 15-10-2003, 14:40   #36
Accy Goddess

I would av liked to have been a teenager in the 50s loved 60s and 70s but cant say has i cared for the 80s much.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 15:05   #37
God Member

80's was when mortification set in...
Old 15-10-2003, 15:12   #38

i was born in 80. i remember my mum watching prisoner cell block h on a thursday night. the80s wernt a good time for me but the 90s were the best time of my life
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 15:22   #39
Accy Goddess

Prisoner Cell block H, Brookie, Home and Away. Oh yes some good things came out of the 80s. They wern't all bad I suppose.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 17:09   #40

well i loved the 80's and that is my opinion,if you didn't like the 80's dont post on here!! :

Old 15-10-2003, 17:18   #41
God Member

Drivel music - who remembers George Michael, and looked what happened to him -  drivel TV (brookside) drivel piccys...so bad I can't even remember one

Give me the 70's anytime.....great music - Rolf Harris, Middle of the Road (Who can recall the all-time classic, Chirpy-Chirpy Cheep-Cheep...), Bay City Rollers.....Great TV - who can ever forget Jason King - (10 million men wore their shirtcuffs rolled over their jacket sleeve until the guy who played him was caught doing the dirty in a gents bog in Bristol.... ) and the piccys? Jaws..Star Wars...the Godfather..Last Tango...Emmanuel...classics, the lot.
Old 15-10-2003, 17:27   #42
Junior Member+

The Smiths...... the name says it all..... dismissed by many due to stevens vocal talents as being "miserable and depressing" not pausing long enough to absorb the lyrics of a giant nevermind john on the guitar......oh bliss.......well jason probably not your cup of tea from the 80s but you got me thinking about it! ...nice topic cya!
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 17:32   #43
God Member

The Smiths? Never heard of 'em
Old 15-10-2003, 17:40   #44

Definately wrong board for you then teabag if you haven't heard of the smiths :........cya on another board!

Old 15-10-2003, 17:57   #45
Senior Member+

I used to love the smiths also Black, have an old tape of him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..