Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2003, 19:50   #61

Post Re: 1980'S BOARD

prisoner.............classic tv show...........did you know the woman who played bea still does personal appearances in the uk?
i wonder if lizzie is still alive?
vinegar tits....lmao
freaky ferguson........big butch and would crush your balls with 2 fingers.

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2003, 20:09   #62
Senior Member+

woman who played bea, has lived in the u.k for quite a few years now
Old 15-10-2003, 20:12   #63

i know............did you see the documentary on it a couple of years ago?
i believe lizzie was still alive then........im going to have a search on the net and tell you what they are doing now....if you are interested?

Old 15-10-2003, 20:26   #64

bea smith-Not long ago nobody wanted to know about former Prisoner star Val Lehman.  But like a fine wine, her appeal has grown with age.
The actress, who played 'Top Dog' Bea Smith, is currently enjoying a renaissance Down Under thanks to a regular segment on a talk show in which she talks about antiques.

Val, who now runs a bric-a-brac shop, has become such an authority on antiques that there's talk that she might front an Aussie version of the Antiques Roadshow.

....well i never....antiques hey!

Old 15-10-2003, 20:32   #65
Accy Goddess

There are loads of cell block related sites out there.
Did some surfin the other day. Lizzie was my favorite.
Brill actress.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 20:33   #66

yeh she was funny.....just been on about 5 different sites and there wasn't much on lizzie. :'(

Old 16-10-2003, 09:12   #67
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Remember watching Kenny Everett video show with Sid Snot and Gizzard Puke.
Remember the first series of Blackadder,
The Golden Girls
French and Saunders
Films included  - Gremlins, Ghoulies, St Elmo's Fire, Ghostbusters

Some great comedy came out of the 80's.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 10:06   #68
God Member

"Great" is a relative term, i.e. immensely better, stronger or whatever than the norm.

The stuff (lets call it culture) that came out in the 60's and 70's can be called truly great in comparison to what proceeded it: What came out in the the 1980's was meaningless drivel in contrast to the 60s/70/s and to discuss it's merits is like discussing your favouite colour of toilet paper.

Nevertheless, you do have my sympathies. Anyone who "grew up" in the 80's deserve all the TLC they can get

[smiley=cool.gif]

I do realise that

Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 14:52   #69
Accy Goddess

There were good and bad bits in all eras mentioned. lol
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 16:30   #70
God Member

I think the 80's just got the bad bits.....mind you, not as bad as the Naughties......the music now must be the worse ever, by far.....I do feel sorry for the kids to have to put up with this crap
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 18:16   #71

i suppose people have their own opinion on the era that they liked or disliked.....this board is the 1980's and a lot of people on the forum grew up in the 80's.like i keep saying if you enjoyed the 80's then post,but i dont think people should be castigated for loving the 80's......if you enjoyed the 70's then go and start a board on the 70's,if you enjoyed the 60's then go and start a board on the 60's,and leave us new romantics to it!

Old 16-10-2003, 19:22   #72
Senior Member+

Ihave to say that i love all kinds of music, 60s music sticks in my mind the most because i was a teenager then, but i have allways kept up with the times.I love all kinds of clubland music, my nieces and nephews love it that i buy the same type of music as them.Just because you are getting older does'nt mean you have to stick in the past. moving with the times is what keeps you young. ;D
Old 16-10-2003, 21:26   #73
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Well said Janet, applaud for that one. I too love all kinds of music and like a lot of older stuff, but do try to keep up with the times. I think I will probably grow old disgracefully

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2003, 05:41   #74

well as you know i also listen to all kinds of music......the charts in the past 5-8 years as been rubbish.........i suppose that is why i love the 80's music so much,because i went through a lot of changes in that era..it holds good memories and i keep hold of them through 80's tunes.

Old 17-10-2003, 12:14   #75
Senior Member+

Cheers Lettie. [smiley=ban.gif]

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..