Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Huge Fire?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/huge-fire-52281.html)

slinky 15-03-2010 18:12

Huge Fire??

Up Coppice way!! Just saw it while on way to the shops... can hear the sirens now, took them time!!

Gremlin 15-03-2010 18:22

Re: Huge Fire??

My wife mentioned a glow in the sky up the Coppice way at about 7pm but as we are about 3 miles away she couldn't just make it out. I wonder if it is a lorry fire because it does seem to come from near the by pass.
I never heard the sirens though cos she had a funny tune on the TV which signals the start of Emmeradale. I can just about make it out from my little office.

MargaretR 15-03-2010 18:53

There is nothing yet on the fire station incident site here
Your Station

slinky 15-03-2010 19:01

No, its gone out now!! can't see nothing :confused: very odd.

Stanleymad 15-03-2010 19:28

There has been a weird phenomenon happening, cos the side of the coppice facing on bypass glowed like it was on fire the other nite roughly same time as happened tonite, dunno what it is exactly but only explanation could be sun set reflection on side of the coppice face or something like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

slinky 15-03-2010 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 797493)
There has been a weird phenomenon happening, cos the side of the coppice facing on bypass glowed like it was on fire the other nite roughly same time as happened tonite, dunno what it is exactly but only explanation could be sun set reflection on side of the coppice face or something like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

There was no sun at all, it was pitch black and
deffo deffo was fire and lots of it!!! that is very weird :eek: My mum said it could be a farmer burning something, but there was way too many flames.

flashy 15-03-2010 20:01

ok ok it was me, i have to confess to being a witch, i was sacrificing my first born....but shush, don't tell the social services :D

Stanleymad 15-03-2010 20:06

keep an eye out another nite same time see if it happens again if so then it must be it, cant be a fire that huge every time think it was ironic same happened exactly a week ago mon nite when we saw it after osc meeting. Strange fire's happen mon nite's ??
Posted via Mobile Device

slinky 15-03-2010 20:37

I will deffo be on the look out next Monday Now SM!! how very weird :confused: loads of people saw it and thought it was a fire too :confused: oh I hate not know :(

Neil 15-03-2010 20:56

It was me Slinky, getting the firemen out is the only way we can get you to post anything these days :p :D

slinky 15-03-2010 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 797511)
It was me Slinky, getting the firemen out is the only way we can get you to post anything these days :p :D

Haha cheeky cheeky :p:D didn't get any firemen action though.... hmphhh :o