Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By dotti34
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By JCB
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By Stevie R
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Rowlf
  • 1 Post By Gremlin
  • 4 Post By taddy
  • 3 Post By dotti34
  • 1 Post By Retlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2017, 00:05   #1

60 years!

Well we’ve made it! 60 years ago on the 23rd February 1957 my Accrington bloke and me were joined together in Holy Matrimony. Hard to believe that it’s 60 years today since we said ‘We do’. 60 years since I was walking down the church aisle wondering what the heck I was doing – and then feeling really sorry for my very nervous (so I thought) bridegroom. Nervous no way, it turned out his trembling was the result of a bad hangover from his buck’s evening the night before…..

Not wanting a big fuss we decided to have a family BBQ (albeit with all the trimmings) on Saturday with our nearest and dearest, about 25 people – a nice number. The sun is due to shine here on Saturday thank goodness, should be about 27 degrees C – it was bitterly cold on that day in 1957, sleet and ice.
hilleluk likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2017, 06:51   #2
Beacon of light

Re: 60 years!

Congratulations to you and your Husband Dotti.
Here's wishing you many more happy years together.
Hope your barbecue is a roaring success(but not so roaring that you have to call the fire brigade. I think that is just going a bit too far to see hunky firemen running down your path with their hoses at the ready).
People may think that a marriage like yours just 'happens'...they don't realise that it has to be worked at...and sometimes someone has to go onto the roof to mend the tiles.
Well done!
dotti34 and hilleluk like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 06:57   #3
JCB

Congratulations .
dotti34 likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:24   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Commiser ...... Er, I mean congrats! All the very best to the pair of you & many more to come.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 23-02-2017, 14:36   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats some going, well done you 2 congratulations.
dotti34 and hilleluk like this.
Old 23-02-2017, 18:52   #7
Full Member+

Congratulations to you both Dotti. My lovely neighbour was married on the very same day unfortunately her husband died in December so today has been very sad for her. I took her out for lunch to try and make it a bit easier for her. She was telling me what awful weather it was that day. 60 years is a great achievement so well done. I hope you both enjoy your party at weekend.
dotti34 likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 19:15   #8
Senior Member+

Well done lass, I wish I could have got past 42 years with my lady but unfortunatley I lost her too soon.
I hope you have many more happy years and memories.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 23-02-2017, 19:31   #9

congratulations Dott, The missus and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversery next month, we have never had a wrong word in all that time but then again we may have had periods where we had no words at all. (only slightly joking).
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 21:17   #10

Thank you for all your kind wishes. Had a few ups and downs along the way but thankfully the ups have far outweighed the downs, and you’re right Margaret – it has to be worked at. Have had to mend the tiles on more than one occasion, but then so has he.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 14:23   #11
Senior Member+

I( tel my wife of 54years how she 'landed on her feet' when she found an Accrington lad. She's lived in Easy Street all this time. The first time she took me home, I saw her mum and dad peeping from behind the curtains and rubbing their hands in glee - "Look what our Margaret's landed"
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:48   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I( tel my wife of 54years how she 'landed on her feet' when she found an Accrington lad. She's lived in Easy Street all this time. The first time she took me home, I saw her mum and dad peeping from behind the curtains and rubbing their hands in glee - "Look what our Margaret's landed"
Bog off Dobbo, thas gone back tu dream land ageyun, muer like thi wur prayin, & oh no, wod az she trod in this time, If she siz thi puast thal appen ged a lump wit royllin pin, or if she wents a lend her mi big lump hommuer.
Bob Dobson likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..