Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Fried Bread ... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/fried-bread-66350.html)

Eric 25-07-2014 01:27

Fried Bread ...

... with HP, of course.

But this is more about the FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST.

Is there some definite recipe for this favorite of arterio vascular surgeons, or is it an idiotsincratic mess of yummy cholesterol and trans fat delight? And does it have to include black puddings?;)

Aussie Irene 25-07-2014 04:46

Re: Fried Bread ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1111327)
... with HP, of course.

Is there some definite recipe for this favorite of arterio vascular surgeons, or is it an idiotsincratic mess of yummy cholesterol and trans fat delight? And does it have to include black puddings?;)

Only if served with ice cream Eric.

DaveinGermany 25-07-2014 05:07

I suppose there is some formula for the ideal fried slice, but as yet I haven't found it. As we've travelled around our sceptred Isle staying at various wayfarers hostelries & abodes we've tasted many a slice, varying from Ugh to excellent. :)

Margaret Pilkington 25-07-2014 06:11

Fried bread is a personal thing......some folk like their bread to be done in the bacon fat.....others are not nearly so picky.
I am not fond of the kind of fried bread that shatters when you put a knife to it......showering the table with bits.
I do my fried bread in a separate pan(but with the fat from frying the bacon)......my fried breakfast would never have black pudding on it......I don't like it so wouldn't be cooking it.

I'm off now to have my breakfast.......a single slice of bread, toasted with a skim of butter and thick cut marmalade. :D

Less 25-07-2014 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Irene (Post 1111331)

I thought that was only added for the the full English pregnant?
;)

Less 25-07-2014 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1111327)
... with HP, of course.

The correct full English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh breakfast doesn't exist they must all contain more than you should eat, be dripping in fat, with an egg that is almost raw and runny on top whilst the underside is somehow, overcooked to a brown crispiness. Any additional meat products and fried bread are a bonus.

Pass me a tissue I'm dribbling again!
http://www.skyscanner.net/sites/defa....breakfast.JPG
Thanks for the starter, another 3 like that will just about do me, now, where is that brown sauce?

Eric 25-07-2014 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1111337)
The correct full English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh breakfast doesn't exist they must all contain more than you should eat, be dripping in fat, with an egg that is almost raw and runny on top whilst the underside is somehow, overcooked to a brown crispiness. Any additional meat products and fried bread are a bonus.

Pass me a tissue I'm dribbling again!
http://www.skyscanner.net/sites/defa....breakfast.JPG
Thanks for the starter, another 3 like that will just about do me, now, where is that brown sauce?

Shoot! Forgot about the baked beans:o Do they still sell cans of the curried beans with sultanas?

Eric 25-07-2014 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Irene (Post 1111331)

Never heard of that;) But over here, in God's country, it is not unusual to pour generous amounts of maple syrup over the pancakes bacon and sausage:alright: (I have some of the real stuff, straight from the sugar bush.) Cashy might be familiar with this as he is a big fan of Denny's.

DaveinGermany 25-07-2014 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1111337)

Call that a Brekky? Have a tootle across to Bow'tn Market & tremble mere mortals! ;) (Check out the Piccies)

Breakfast at Tiffanys ? .......... Hardly ! - Accrington Web

walkinman221 25-07-2014 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1111358)
Call that a Brekky? Have a tootle across to Bow'tn Market & tremble mere mortals! ;) (Check out the Piccies)

Breakfast at Tiffanys ? .......... Hardly ! - Accrington Web

WE ARE NOT WORTHY:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:not worthy:notworthy
Well done old chap but i have finished the mixed grill at the barley mow and a pudding:surprise::cook38::alright:

DaveinGermany 25-07-2014 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 1111360)
Well done old chap but i have finished the mixed grill at the barley mow and a pudding:surprise::cook38::alright:

Don't know the place, but it sounds like an epic achievement WM221. :)

Class!

walkinman221 25-07-2014 18:04

It was dave its a pub in barley village at the foot of pendle hill , it was well renowned around these parts years ago you even got a sticker for your car if you finished it. It was massive and very good. It is now one of them foody pubs which translates to" call at the chippy on the way home":D:D

Less 25-07-2014 18:26

Excuse me? Read what's underneath in the post.
Of course I don't consider that a breakfast, not enough meat and too many vegetables!😕
Why oh why isn't there a dislike for folk like him?

Gremlin 25-07-2014 18:39

1 Attachment(s)
Classed as a light breakfast at the Salt Box cafe near Burton on Trent.
It's for those diners who haven't much time.
Thanks to my good friend Bob Little.

I much prefer two weetabix.

Less 25-07-2014 18:49

Yes I've managed to make a bacon butty out of two weetabix, when the bitch was too lazy to bring home the bread.😡