Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Man flu - real or imaginary? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/man-flu-real-or-imaginary-68740.html)

dotti34 15-12-2016 02:24

Man flu - real or imaginary?

Article in today’s paper here reports that research suggests (wait for it, ladies) the so-called ‘man flu’ really does exist and is not just a figment of a male’s fevered imagination. Also previous research has apparently shown men do suffer more from a high temperature than women when they have flu.

So to all you poor long-suffering males who over the years have had to endure the snide comments from unsympathetic females, I apologise. I also look forward to reading comments from either the sufferers or the u/f’s.

Mick 15-12-2016 05:20

Re: Man flu - real or imaginary?

Told you I was feeling rough:p:p:p

Margaret Pilkington 15-12-2016 09:56

Yes Dotti, but most men will tell you they have flu...when what they really have is a head cold.
Flu is totally different. If you really do have flu you cannot get out of your bed.
We have both had a very heavy cold, but he will insist on telling everyone we have had 'flu'.

He has needed to be ministered unto....like his arms are painted on and he can't get his own cough mixture/honey and lemon/paracetamol/ wheatie bag.
He has moaned and groaned and generally made heavy weather of a winter irritation.
I have told him that just because he has a pain doesn't give him licence to BE a pain.(he says I must have been a lousy nurse. I told him that sympathy and compassion are not endless)

DaveinGermany 15-12-2016 11:11

Course it's real! :D You Wimmin have no idea of the complete & utter, pain , suffering & debilitation us Blokeys manfully struggle through when so cruelly struck down & stricken with a dose of "Man Flu".

And just shrugging it off as merely "Man Flu" doesn't even come close to defining how proper poorly we are when so mortally distressed. Admittedly while we're not actually at deaths door, we're at least manfully lurching down his garden path!
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...gif?1292867586

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

boxermum 15-12-2016 17:38

Aw diddums, you poor,poor chaps.i do believe 'man flu' exists.It is in fact a tongue in cheek way of saying..."Get up,and stop feeling sorry for yourself ".
I mean,come on- you only have to watch a game of football,dropping to the floor,clutching their knee,leg,foot,head etc,in apparently in agony,but once they get the penalty or free kick they are up and running around.Then there's the "magic sponge"..... funnily all this reminds me they really are just like children.
Tell me,just who did this research?....MEN.

Rowlf 15-12-2016 18:46

Oh for goodness sake. If fellas cannot have a cold without thinking they are dying how on earth would they cope with childbirth !!!!!!!!! My mum used to say if men and women had to take it in turns to have children and the men had the first no family would have more than 2 children. Even when they are well they cannot multi task which women have to do every day.

cashman 15-12-2016 19:16

Personally think its a load of crap Flu as Margaret says means yer in bed, end of!! Flu Is Flu man or woman,

DaveinGermany 15-12-2016 19:17

Ooh! What a wicked bunch of owd baggages you lot are! :s_aim1:

Margaret Pilkington 15-12-2016 21:16

Surely son, you always knew that :D

Accyexplorer 16-12-2016 11:14

1 Attachment(s)
Don't mock the power of man flu,man flu germs are more powerful than the clique and the fellowship of the hat combined.

They're far too strong for feeble, rancid tasting ‘lady medicines’ like a Lemsip,don’t bother trying to force Lemsip on a victim of man flu because we need 'Whiskey'.

Attachment 54825

taddy 03-01-2017 12:49

Best remedy for Man/Woman Flu, is a candle, a whisky tumbler and a bottle of your favourite tipple, (mine is Tullamore Dew).

Light the candle, pour whiskey into tumbler, (yes, Tullamore Dew is Irish), continue sipping and refilling tumbler, there will come a time when you will be able to see TWO candles; by which time you wont give a damn whether you have flu, a cold or any other ailment.

All the best, Taddy

Margaret Pilkington 03-01-2017 13:54

I like your style Taddy.
Just to let you know...it doesn't work with tea :D

taddy 04-01-2017 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1184359)
I like your style Taddy.
Just to let you know...it doesn't work with tea :D

Margaret, may be it is because mankind has been brewing and drinking alcohol for over 5,000 years, (brewer's grains have been found in the pyamids); but we have only been brewing and drinking tea for approx 500 year's.
I will stick with tradition ! ;);)

Margaret Pilkington 04-01-2017 10:40

Yes, but I need no help to make me daft.
Give me tea every time!