Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   A New Year A New Grumble (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/a-new-year-a-new-grumble-70356.html)

Less 03-01-2019 22:21

A New Year A New Grumble

Why do we have films interrupted half way through by some lame brain dizzy woman that starts off with 'hi guys' (or some other inane greeting), just to give us the latest 'showbiz gossip'?
I would shoot myself rather than be interested in the latest out of wedlock expectancy or who has stopped shacking up with whom because either he can't control his Willie or she can't stop falling on her back shouting 'give it to me big boy'.

This kind of carry on goes on everywhere in the real world, I don't care that the third rate celebs are doing it or to whom they are doing it.

MoreJoe 04-01-2019 22:43

Re: A New Year A New Grumble

You must be a huge fan of the Kardashians Less?
Happy New Year!
Joe

shillelagh 04-01-2019 23:36

you watching channel 5?

Less 05-01-2019 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1221601)
you watching channel 5?

Sometimes,
but all the movie channels seem to think we need to be interrupted half way through a film just to learn that Joe Bloggs of some minor soap has given herpes to a broken down fridgefreezer just because he can't cope with a real life relationship (due to the stress of 'fame').
I think it's the Sony channel that could just about be forgiven they give us the top 10 of movies to be avoided and a very good reason not to spend money on overinflated prices of popcorn at the cinema.

Less 05-01-2019 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreJoe (Post 1221595)
You must be a huge fan of the Kardashians Less?
Happy New Year!
Joe

Please excuse my ignorance, but my carer keeps a careful eye on what I watch and if she sees steam coming out of my ears strong enough to bleach the hairs then the remote is confiscated and a channel showing something more relaxing, perhaps, the world at war or some similar calming history programme.
So I've never seen the Kardashians.

Hill Walker 13-01-2019 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1221548)
Why do we have films interrupted half way through by some lame brain dizzy woman that starts off with 'hi guys' (or some other inane greeting), just to give us the latest 'showbiz gossip'?
I would shoot myself rather than be interested in the latest out of wedlock expectancy or who has stopped shacking up with whom because either he can't control his Willie or she can't stop falling on her back shouting 'give it to me big boy'.

This kind of carry on goes on everywhere in the real world, I don't care that the third rate celebs are doing it or to whom they are doing it.

The thing to remember about the commercial channels is that programs are a pain - just something that has to be there between revenue earning adverts. By splitting a film into two and inserting a brief 'news' program they are probably able to broadcast more adverts.