Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By maxthecollie
  • 1 Post By Studio25
  • 2 Post By Gordon Booth

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17   #1
Senior Member+

999 What's your emergency?....You Plonker!!!!

Emergency Services get all sorts of morons who contacted them:

Just a few examples!

* A woman dialed 999 and asked how long she should roast the Christmas turkey for;

* A man called 999 because he didn't know how to re tune his Freeview box;

* A woman called 999 on her toilet because she ran out of toilet paper and didn't know what to do!

A woman standing outside Specsavers called 999 after she lost her glasses.

Another phoned *emergency services to ask police to test her plug sockets after the fire service refused.

And a man called 999 and admitted it was not an emergency or a crime but more of an annoyance that his neighbor was playing his radio loudly.

A man rang in because the light was not working in the phone box as he was trying to tell relatives he had accidentally got off at the wrong rail stop.

The force also received emergency calls reporting UFOs in the sky when it was the lights from a concert being held at Eden Project in Cornwall.

One woman even dialed operators after she left her bag in the seat of a cab and wanted police to follow the taxi to retrieve it.

Like Del Boy said "You Plonker".
Now (on a serious note) these plonkers calls risk lives an until we hit them in the pocket for calling 999 for stupid reasons,the idiots will still carry on an do so.

Have you heard of or Do you know of any examples of this dangerous idiocy?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 999 What's your emergency?....You Plonker!!!!

I know that when I dialled 999 when my 87 year old mother fell and broke her wrist and could not get up, it took one and a half hours for the paramedics to turn up after several calls.
Stevie R likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:14   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
It took one and a half hours for the paramedics to turn up after several calls.

I've always (touch wood) had excellent service when I've rang for a ambulance,I cant fault them.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience,I hope you asked for a written explanation about this ludicrous experience Max?

password--Accyweb
Old 04-02-2014, 08:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Emergency Services get all sorts of morons who contacted them:
You can actually hear how the operators deal with them...
Accyexplorer likes this.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:58   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:

I've always (touch wood) had excellent service when I've rang for a ambulance,I cant fault them.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience,I hope you asked for a written explanation about this ludicrous experience Max?
I've put a complaint in in writing but not got a reply yet
Old 04-02-2014, 09:18   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
I've put a complaint in in writing but not got a reply yet
I cant see how they can justify 1.5hrs waiting for a ambulance,I hope your satisfied with the outcome.

password--Accyweb
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
I cant see how they can justify 1.5hrs waiting for a ambulance,I hope your satisfied with the outcome.
They said they had none in the area. When asked if I could give her painkillers they said no as the paramedics would give her some when they arrived. I rang 3 times in the hour and half as her pain was getting worse,but still they would not let me give her any pain relief
Old 04-02-2014, 09:58   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
They said they had none in the area. When asked if I could give her painkillers they said no as the paramedics would give her some when they arrived. I rang 3 times in the hour and half as her pain was getting worse,but still they would not let me give her any pain relief
Total joke IMHO,even on a weekend when they're pushed to the brink it's shouldn't take that long.I'd want the Name of the operator/s as I'd be holding them personally liable for my mothers (extended) unnecessary suffering.
I'd write another letter offering them a chance to justify said waiting time/suffering due to "none in the area" not quite cutting it,give them 14days or you'll take it to the next level.I really hope you get a satisfactory result

password--Accyweb
Old 04-02-2014, 10:49   #9
Full Member+

About eighteen months ago my son became ill, vomited and collapsed to the floor. We rang an ambulance straight away and was asked by the operator if he was conscious. We explained that he was but very confused and could barely get up from the floor,on that reply we were told they wouldn't send an ambulance and that a nurse would ring back for a chat! In a panic, we managed to get him in to my daughters car and set off to A and E and received the nurses call half way there. She sounded shocked when I explained his condition and her advice? 'If happens again, stop driving and call an ambulance'! He spent the rest of the day on a drip in hospital. What a joke.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know that when I dialled 999 when my 87 year old mother fell and broke her wrist and could not get up, it took one and a half hours for the paramedics to turn up after several calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
About eighteen months ago my son became ill, vomited and collapsed to the floor. We rang an ambulance straight away and was asked by the operator if he was conscious. We explained that he was but very confused and could barely get up from the floor,on that reply we were told they wouldn't send an ambulance and that a nurse would ring back for a chat! In a panic, we managed to get him in to my daughters car and set off to A and E and received the nurses call half way there. She sounded shocked when I explained his condition and her advice? 'If happens again, stop driving and call an ambulance'! He spent the rest of the day on a drip in hospital. What a joke.
I started this thread to escape the seriousness of the other sections (for a bit of a laugh),however after ready these comments I think someone should start a emergency services thread.From what I see there's (at least) two members here with fine examples of being let down by the services put in place to help in a crisis.further to that,Not only do they feel let down they feel like the services took the hit an miss (rhyming slang).
It gets my back up and my bloods starting to boil

password--Accyweb
Old 04-02-2014, 12:01   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
It gets my back up and my bloods starting to boil
You'd better ring 999 immediately!
Eric and Accyexplorer like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..