Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 10:56   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Banned from hyndburn chat

I have no idea why restless was banned from Hyndburn Chat, all i know is he has never been obnoxious on here. I was not aware All the admin on yon were all members on here, even if some dont post any more,if thats the case they should know what kinda chap he is to some degree? more so if they speak to each other before taking action. it seems very poor to me he was not informed what he had done.
Restless likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:35   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have no idea why restless was banned from Hyndburn Chat, all i know is he has never been obnoxious on here. I was not aware All the admin on yon were all members on here, even if some dont post any more,if thats the case they should know what kinda chap he is to some degree? more so if they speak to each other before taking action. it seems very poor to me he was not informed what he had done.
With people having made up usernames on here and most people using real names on Facebook as per the Facebook rules it's not always easy to know who is who. I didn't know who is was until now.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:37   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
With people having made up usernames on here and most people using real names on Facebook as per the Facebook rules it's not always easy to know who is who. I didn't know who is was until now.
Can understand that neil, cannot understand why he wasn't informed why?
Old 20-01-2018, 13:29   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, I fully appreciate that being an administrator/moderator on a forum is not an easy job...therefore not for the faint hearted.
However, that said, I think it can be done with a fairer outlook.
If I had done something wrong I would like to be informed so that I could change my ways.
Those who get abusive when they are told why they have been banned should be cast out permanently.
No one who is doing a job as a volunteer, for the benefit of everyone, should have to be subjected to abuse.
Margaret, its not always a slam dunk ban, when a thread starts to veer of course, and people start to get nasty, a post of the rules is inserted in the thread, by the admin, if that is ignored then the thread is either closed or deleted, and the offender banned, what else can the admin do, when the perpetrators have been warned. We definitely don't need some of the nasty senseless abuse, like the grand wizard seemed to enjoy dishing out, this web site is now over 75% bluudy Acc Stanley, there only seems to be about 10 regular posters about topics of interest left on here.

jelly baby likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 13:42   #20
Beacon of light

It is simple...you tell them they are banned for a stated rule infringement and then you tell them that you will not enter into any discussion regarding this.
They cannot post, and you do not have to respond to their e-mails...or PM's or whatever the dialogue process of this forum is.
I cannot see what is either difficult or time consuming about this.
Yes, it IS time consuming, frustrating and could be difficult if you respond to their e-mails...but just because someone throws you a ball, you do not have to catch it.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-01-2018 at 13:45.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 13:51   #21
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It looks on the face of it, like he has been black balled for questioning the judgement of a God...(yes I know I could have changed it, but I thought I would leave it in because it is funny)sorry, that should read Mod(blooming predictive text)...but it seems that only the admin group are allowed to know for sure.
Old 20-01-2018, 15:45   #22

The town I live in has a facebook page, people on there are always falling out over comments that have been posted, then banned, I would'nt join to save my life, no I would join to save my life, then never use it again.
They may not be too many people posting on general matters on AccyWeb during the football season, but what is there is usually something worth replying too.
DaveinGermany likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 16:43   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
The town I live in has a facebook page, people on there are always falling out over comments that have been posted, then banned, I would'nt join to save my life, no I would join to save my life, then never use it again.
They may not be too many people posting on general matters on AccyWeb during the football season, but what is there is usually something worth replying too.
Yer Right about some Hilleluk, but them pig bladder kickers hve there own web site,why do they have to pollute all the other sites as well.

Margaret, that god mistake was never truer, should a bin in 12ft high letters ha ha ha
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 16:48   #24
Beacon of light

It was predictive text...And I left it as I thought it might raise a smile
hilleluk likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 16:55   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Yer Right about some Hilleluk, but them pig bladder kickers hve there own web site,why do they have to pollute all the other sites as well
Perhaps cos they got other interests as well? i have for one.
Old 20-01-2018, 20:21   #26
Senior Member+

Yeah here mostly we have made up names... but Gary and Dianne know who I am... or should do at least.

Thanks cashy I do appreciate that

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 21-01-2018, 07:03   #27
Senior Member+

Another one banned - didnt know what he did wrong and never got a warning...

but this one is better - talking to a friend and she said she was banned FOR LIKING A COMMENT.

But yet neil(hes an admin btw) its ok for you to say "we need more taxi drivers" so they can beat up kids... come on.... so pathetic

Last edited by Restless; 21-01-2018 at 07:06. Reason: ( )
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 07:17   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Gary's all right, he's a grand bloke, met him a few times.
I have tried! He does seem nice most of the time - but now i believe that he formed the facebook group because he couldn't throw his weight around on here.

I understand all that neil said and agree with a lot of it as per size of the facebook group - the nature of it. But as for "can't question admin" being a rule - that is a total joke - not when people are being banned for liking comments

I didn't agree with garinda back then and don't agree now - is kestrelX banned here? no he isn't. is garinda posting here? no- he took his ball to facebook and made his own game. Fair do's i have decided I am happy now not to be a part of his group - the only thing I will miss are the old photos he posted - its the only good thing he does on the group
Old 21-01-2018, 15:45   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I have tried! He does seem nice most of the time - but now i believe that he formed the facebook group because he couldn't throw his weight around on here.....
That wasn't the reason, it was quite opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
....But as for "can't question admin" being a rule - that is a total joke - not when people are being banned for liking comments.....
Have you read the rules on this forum? Here are a few of them and they haven't been changed much for years.

Quote:

3. Abusing other members of this website is not allowed. Debates are welcome but must not become personal or target another member.

4. Posts that are just insulting or nasty are not allowed on this website.

10. No nudity or swearing is allowed on this website unless in a specific forum limited to people over the age of 18. The forum moderators will decide what is considered to be swearing.

17. No "adult" jokes or unsuitable links to be left anywhere on the forum, except in the over 18's section.

21. If you are sent a PM by a moderator please consider it a private matter Do Not post anything about it or the moderators in the forum.

22. If you have a complaint about one of the moderator s please use the PM system do NOT post about it on site.
Very similar to the way Hyndburn Chat is run.
Michael1954 likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 16:02   #30

Are these rules the same as the AccyWeb forum?
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..